KX-200 recap question???

hhibrownsbac

I picked up a Fisher KX200 yesterday with the intent to recap it before anything else. Im sitting here looking at it putting a parts list together and was questioning to myself on whether Im going to be able to get all the can caps replaced underneath as its pretty tight in there, Or maybe I should try to locate the can caps :scratch2:. Im sure some of you have done these before so any recommendations would be appreciated. This is my first fisher Im going to attempt myself and I just want to do it right the first time.

Congrats on a great integrated. You're going to like it!

As far as the filter caps, my personal opinion leans toward either replacing with new cans on top or else restuffing the original cans. I'm not a fan of putting replacements under the chassis. You have to find space, which isn't always easy, and then you have to run wires from the new location to wherever they connect, and that always includes a risk of picking up hum.

Based on what I've been reading lately, Hayseed Hamfest is probably the most cost effective source. Send him an email with the height and diameter of the existing can, plus the values of the caps inside, and he will custom make replacements for around $28-30 each, which is an excellent price.

http://www.hayseedhamfest.com/capkit.htm

I can vouch for Hayseed Hamfest as well ...

Great guys, great service and communication.
Real commitment to getting it done right.
The two metal cans on my 500C come from them.
Know you won't always get the exact values of the original build, as standards have changed since some of our untis were built.
But they will get you very close.
The values in the can caps I purchased are a few per cent off, but makes no difference, that I can determine.

Too tight under the chassis for under the hood replacements. Find or stuff cans. I've done both. Now I find cans when possible.

Thanks, Ill email hayseed and see what they say, I have a few old cans here maybe i should give restuffing them a shot.

Back
Top Bottom