Kyocera RC-101 Question

Snerp

I solder while you sleep...
Will this remote unit work with a universal remote or is the orginal remote necessary to operate it? I've been wanting one to control my receiver volume.

Will this remote unit work with a universal remote or is the orginal remote necessary to operate it? I've been wanting one to control my receiver volume.

No,
First the number for the remote is RT-102.
The only chance I can think to get a universal to work, is if were
a learning remote. But given the distance in age I doubt it.

That's unfortunate. I would assume the RT-102 is tough to get by itself. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

I have the 3 RC-101's and two RT-102's. I have used the RT-102 to program a universal learning remote. Logitech also has the codes available for some Kyocera gear including the R-861 and DA-610 if I remember right. Do you already have an RC-101?

I see in your signature that you have a R-651, that is a first generation and cannot be controlled via the RC-101.

I see in your signature that you have a R-651, that is a first generation and cannot be controlled via the RC-101.

As sad as this news is, it saved me from making a huge mistake. Thank you very much.

It's just a pain having to run across the room when a movie gets too loud in the middle of the night. Don't want to piss off the neighbors. :D

I have a couple R461 receivers and one recently acquired RC101. Did someone suggest that I might can get this thing up and running with a new universal remote?

Back
Top Bottom