Lafayette T-4000 set up

Katalyst

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The questions I have are as follows. Any one have a set up guide for the Lafayette T-4000 ? There are two weights on each side of the pivot . The one to the right is the anti skate correct ? The one to the left ? Trim pots have been cleaned . Speed is strobed fine now . RCA out puts have been added . The factory cable were bad . Pictures below . I have a new cartridge to install . An AT 100 E . Any help or insight is appreciated . Thanks .T-4000.jpg NudiePic1.jpg ArmPivot (2).jpg Trim pots bottom.jpg Trim adjustment (4).jpg

The questions I have are as follows. Any one have a set up guide for the Lafayette T-4000 ? There are two weights on each side of the pivot . The one to the right is the anti skate correct ? The one to the left ? Trim pots have been cleaned . Speed is strobed fine now . RCA out puts have been added . The factory cable were bad . Pictures below . I have a new cartridge to install . An AT 100 E . Any help or insight is appreciated . Thanks

The weight to the left is the "lateral balance" tone arm weight.

The anti skate weight is to the right, usually at 0.25 gram increment per notch on the bar. :music:

Thanks Balifly . Lateral balance cool . The only turntable besides a P-mount I have dealt with is a V-M record changer . Thanks for explaining this style of arm.

The lateral weight is there because the arm is S-shaped — the weight of the armtube/headshell/cartridge is all on one side (the right side in the photos). This puts all the load on one of the arm-bearings, and no load on the other. The load distribution should be equal (to track better, sound better, and reduce wear on that outside bearing). The lateral weight is on the other side to equalize the load — its correct position depends on the combined weights of the armtube/headshell/cartridge — that information should be in the users manual, if you can find one. Hard to know without that information, but its current position "looks" about right, and maybe the previous owner set it there because he had the info from the manual.

The weight to the left is the "lateral balance" tone arm weight.

The anti skate weight is to the right, usually at 0.25 gram increment per notch on the bar. :music:
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement anti-skate weight for a Lafayette t-4000 turntable? I also need a new strobe light for it.

Back
Top Bottom