Lake house jam session

noisefreq

I've never claimed to be a musician, I'm more of a sound tech guy. But I love creating music and whenever I get a chance, I like to use samples, loops and delays to build up sound sculptures that others can play along with.

I have a couple of musician friends who like to go down to my lake house and do just this.
Bass, drum machine, effects petals, sampler, CD player, and a couple of delays, all ran into a laptop via a Focusrite interface.

It's all improvisational and done by the seat of our collective pants.

It's usually interesting and always fun and getting it recorded is just a bonus!

As you can see by the pictures, it's real low budget but it works for me.
IMG_20171118_123910.jpg
IMG_20171118_123811.jpg
IMG_20171118_124003.jpg
It turned out pretty good but nobody remembered to bring a power strip.

Attachments

• IMG_20171118_123811.jpg
    IMG_20171118_123811.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 5
So no "Blue Rondo a la Turk?"

Ha! No Blue Rondo.
The closest I got was maybe some John Oswald samples laid overtop a Terry Riley loop.

And, no sound clips yet.
It was "Mongo's" (top picture) laptop and interface, so he gets to mix it down this time.

I've never claimed to be a musician, I'm more of a sound tech guy. But I love creating music and whenever I get a chance, I like to use samples, loops and delays to build up sound sculptures that others can play along with.

I have a couple of musician friends who like to go down to my lake house and do just this.
Bass, drum machine, effects petals, sampler, CD player, and a couple of delays, all ran into a laptop via a Focusrite interface.

It's all improvisational and done by the seat of our collective pants.

It's usually interesting and always fun and getting it recorded is just a bonus!

As you can see by the pictures, it's real low budget but it works for me.
View attachment 1052795
View attachment 1052797
View attachment 1052798
It turned out pretty good but nobody remembered to bring a power strip.

Sounds like you could use one or two of these....I got lucky, some guy was offering two of these MilSpec Geist outlet strips for $25 bucks each....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Geist-66-i...703956?hash=item4d45fd3554:g:tBQAAOSwDk5T2UKs

I love this kind of stuff. Some of my favorite recordings have been done in an impromptu way.

Just cobble some gear together and go for it.

Back
Top Bottom