Lanzar DC 15

Kenwood Man

Kenwood Love'n Member
Hey anybody here heard of the car audio brand Lanzar? They make crazy competition subs for use is db competitions! lol Well I was in cash converters the other night and I happened to notice a set of Lanzar DC 15 woofers. Let me tell you these things are crazy! The woofers 15 inches but the magnet has a diameter of 7 inches by 3.5 inches. They have cast frames and dual voice coils. I got the pair functioning for 80 bucks! :) I did a little research they went for $600 a piece new and they can take a maximum wattage of 1000. Is that crazy or what? I even got an original spec sheet that said they are rated past 165 db under 50 Hz. Oh one other thing these things have voice coil a cover that has diameter of 10 inches. I have never seen a speaker this crazy. Anyway they end up weighing about 35-40 pounds each. Do you guys have any recommendations as for what I could use them for? I am more of a classical music buff but these damn things intrigued me! :)

Anyway I did have one thought. Maybe I could build a sub box for them and use them in a home theater setup! Now that would be some earth shattering base! :) I'll post pics as soon as I can scan them in.

Peter aka Kenwood Man

Back
Top Bottom