Las Vegas CES show

ron-c

Addicted Member
Anyone going to the Las Vegas CES show in January? If so please stop by the Alexis Park to see all the McToys. One two channel room featuring the new MCD/MDA 1000- MC252- XRT28s, one 5.1 music room and one very over the top home theater room, will all be active.
By the pool will be a car with the full house Car Install as well as a new Harley with the McIntosh built Road Tech radio.
Something else new for the two channel fans will also be shown that has a lot of tubes, knobs and is very heavy.
Ron-C

Got a place I can stay for free? Sure would love to go!! I got the
time but unemployment won't pay the bills. :(

MA ?

Carl

Ron,

Do you have a URL for the CES show so I can get details? Do you have any extra tickets? Who, besides you from Mc, is to be there? I would like to meet Carl.

It has been a number of years since I have been to a CES show. The last CES show I went to was in Chicago. (;>)

Rich,

CES is a trade show but I see badges with company names like ACE hardware, etc. Usually you can get a badge thorough your company. Just go to CES Registration on Goggle.
Carl will not be at the show as he tied up on engineering projects. We will have other senior engineers at the show as well as tech support and the sales department, all five of us!
The Alexis Park is wide open and you can just walk in as the rooms are open to the outside.

Ron-C

Is the car a Subaru? We were at the Subaru dealership looking at cars. My kid jumped into 1 and yelled out that we had to buy it since it had the same system as I owned at the house. My wife took a look and suggested we buy it so she could sell all my "junk" and I could go stay in the car an blast all the music I want and it would not bother her. - Bought a Volvo instead.

No Subaru, we are using a Toyota Avalon with the aftermarket, not OEM product.

Ron-C

Originally posted by Brian
Is the car a Subaru? We were at the Subaru dealership looking at cars. My kid jumped into 1 and yelled out that we had to buy it since it had the same system as I owned at the house. My wife took a look and suggested we buy it so she could sell all my "junk" and I could go stay in the car an blast all the music I want and it would not bother her. - Bought a Volvo instead.

A very wise decision... :cool:

the new mcintosh

here is a description i got from the ces 2004 website for the new mcintosh tube amp
the ma2275
"Product Description: Tube Integrated Amplifier with 6 Program Source Inputs, Tape Recorder Loop, Switched Data Output Ports, Electromagnetic Input Switching and Front Panel Headphone Jack, the McIntosh Patented Unity Coupled Output Circuit and the famous "blue eyes" of McIntosh, the Illuminated Output Wattmeters. "

there was no picture but im sure like most mc gear it'll be beutifull
chris

The MA2275 is a combination of the MC275 and C2200 on one chassis. With meters of course. Quite the integrated amp with a ship weight of 110lbs. This is the first all tube integrated from McIntosh as MA230 was a hybrid and all the other models were solid state.

Ron-C

The new CD and DAC cost more than what I paid for my last car!

Looks like my idea about an amp and preamp wasn't too far off from reality. :)>)

Last edited:
the new ma2275

man i shure would like to get one .
900,00 yen = 8000+ us if the conversion table
i used is right.

Wow, thanks for posting that pic! Price is quite good too. I'm so glad they didn't put rack handles on it personally. Kinda like a
tow hitch on a Ferrari. :eek: Sure wish I was there in the Las Vegas heat having the big fun to be had there.

Carl

I've found pictures never seem to do justice to Mac gear. When I see stuff live in a dealer's showroom, I'm always blown away by how impressive the gear looks. Much of the competition looks like they build stuff in Joey Buttafuco's gararge. If you're gonna spend $8K, it better look like it IMHO, and Mac surely does.

Seems like it will be a winner, though, I wish I could afford it financing plans or not. Bwahahaa... :mad:

Maybe next year, a scaled down version in the $4-5K range?

$6100.00 isn't a bad price all things considered. I think it is split almost equally between the preamp and amp sections. I have to buy a new preamp if I ever upgrade from my present CD player. Why? No remote control of the volume. It does give me an excuse for getting a new preamp. I will miss my C22 when that happens. I guess I will have to get the C2200. Call me old fashioned, but I like separate components.

MA2275-

The MA2275 is a new design which uses some of the techniques employed in the MC2000. The tube sockets are mounted to one circuit board to eliminate all wiring and plug in connectors. The output section uses two KT88s per channel but they are run at 490 volt as on the MC2000/2102 not the 440 volt of the 275. This will result in slightly more power than the 275 but the 2275 is still rated at 75/75 watts.
The pre amp section uses two tubes for the phono as in the C22 and has six inputs total with the same switching scheam as the MA6900 integrated amp. The pre amp and amp are connected by a removable jumper on the rear panel of the MA2275 and a second set of pre amp outs are provided to run a second amp for bi-amping or running two sets of speakers.

Ron-C

Back
Top Bottom