Las Vegas CES show

Well, I am going to buy a new McIntosh piece sometime in my life to have the personal joy of opening, setting up, and breaking it in.I think the MA2275 is the one. It can't be right now but it will happen in it's production run. The features just plain suit me to a tee. Ron, how did the CES show go for you guys?

Carl

Carl,

The show went well.
Only one sales rep fell in the pool shorting out his cell phone and PDA. It was not heated,burrrr.
The Home Theater demo room had 11,000 watts and I gave the demo over 100 times. I still have my hearing!
I lost less than $200 gambling.
All 23 pallets of display gear made it back to the factory.
No one hit me on the Harley-Davidson Road Tech radio demo bike as I rode it to and from the Harley dealer.
The weather was good with warm days and cool nights.
It is like 1 degree outside here in Binghamton right now, I miss Vegas!
Ron-C

Wow Ron,
11,000 watts of McIntosh! Man O Man! :D
Gotta make it next year to Las Vegas. It sounds like a lot of fun,
more than the SF show was and I had a great time there.

Carl - 55 degrees and windows open :)

Question for ron-c, re: MA2275

(With thanks to radioactive for posting the pic of the MA2275 further up this thread)

Ron, since McIntosh has not yet added a description on their website, can you identify the functions of each row of knobs and switches on the MA2275? Other pertinent info? Are photos of both the front and the rear panel available?
Very curious :)
Thank you in advance.

The knobs left to right are,

Input selector, Bass, Treble, Meter, Balance, Volume

The push buttons are tone defeat, tape monitor, speaker

The unit in the picture is a prototype model. Pre production units are just starting and the final units should be shipping in 60 days.

Ron-C

The MA2275 is ahead of schedule and will be shipping by month end.
Complete photos of the CES displays with all three sound rooms and the Harley will be on the McIntosh web site by this weekend.
(I look much thinner in person!)

Ron-C

I see the guy who always goes way out of his way to trash McIntosh still posting over there. A big reason I came here in the first place. Nice pics.

Carl

I wasn't going to name names. I personally believe that would be
a total no-class thing to do as much as one jumping into a thread just to bash. There certainly is more than one. A search there will yield that fact. Sorry.

Carl

Didn't mean to pick on Joe Rosen, or to put you in an awkward position, but his name immediately came to mind. He was a character!!

Ain't no thang, wasn't thinking of him although he is vocal of his
dislikngs, he doesn't jump in and bash away. That's what's so great here. More like a brotherhood here than at a few forums that exist.

Carl

Carl, et. al.,

I think we have a group here that are adults. Personally I am so tired of the trolls, the goofs that love to argue for the sake of arguing, and the rest of the trash out there I am about ready to give up on the rest of the forums, etc. I really don't understand what people get out of name calling, etc. This isn't the Jerry Springer show. :)>)

I don't like it when people trash other products unless the product really deserves it. Thankfully the number of products that truly do suck green wind are few and far between. We all have our preferences and things we don't like, but there is no reason to ruin the fun for others. If we all liked the same thing, it would be a pretty dull world. Imagine a world where everyone drove a brown 1969 Plymouth station wagon.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and bashing and sadly too many people don't understand the difference.

I'll say Amen to that!:) Peace At AK!
It's beyond me why one would even do things like that, life's too short.

Imagine a world where everyone drove a brown 1969 Plymouth station wagon.
Very scary indeed!

Carl

Back
Top Bottom