Late breaking AK fest news !

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
We have a new addition to the festivals line up. www.madisound.com will be attending.

Be sure to stop by their room and check out all of their great products ! Thanks

Grumpy

Damn, I thought it was strippers..............

:lmao:

Just kidding. Madisound should be an EXCELLENT addition, especially for the DIY crowd. What are they bringing???

Sweet...been one of their customers for years now...plus we live basically next door to each other as the crow flies. Good job on getting them to show!

That's good news. I keep looking at that Fostex folded horn kit on their website. Nice stuff there, but I still haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Brian4561 said:
That's good news. I keep looking at that Fostex folded horn kit on their website. Nice stuff there, but I still haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Just built one sans the tweeter Brian. For the money...it's da bomb! :thmbsp:

Celt said:
Just built one sans the tweeter Brian. For the money...it's da bomb! :thmbsp:

How did it sound? I liked the demos I saw at the room and was really impressed by the cab kit; there's no way on Earth you could make those cabs for the money they ask!

When I checked them out online, I saw that the tweeter was the most expensive component at $190 ea, so one could do the system like you did for around $350. Seeing as that tweeter is probably crossed above my upper range, that makes it an extremely interesting project.

Celt said:
I've been pleased with mine. The top end is a tiny bit sizzly due to the aluminum dust cap, but IMO the system will be more balanced without it. I measured overall response 50 - 17k Hz @ -6dB and 55 - 15k Hz @ -3dB. I can't hear jack above 12.5kHz, so why bother? More info on them here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104283

Madisound was one of the first rooms I visited on Saturday morning.

The Fostex system sounded ok, but to tell you the truth, I much preferred their Vifa Studio Kit model.

stuartk said:
Madisound was one of the first rooms I visited on Saturday morning.

The Fostex system sounded ok, but to tell you the truth, I much preferred their Vifa Studio Kit model.
I've built the Studios in the past for friends. They use the Vifa dual-concentric mid-tweeter, which is one of my favorites. But it's a different animal than the BK-16, size-wise and efficiency-wise.

Back
Top Bottom