Our Friend hrballenger has Passed ("Latest info on my cancer battle")

Glad to hear you and your family have had this extra time together, here's hoping you get a bunch more. Sounds like you are handling the situation with open eyes and a hell of a lot of dignity and resolve. I have it on good authority that chemo can be pretty rough, so my hat is off to you, sir.

Prayers for you and your family. It's so good that you have had the extra time already so it shows that there is always room for optimism and hope. Here's to beating the odds again! Once again, it gladdens my heart that there is so much support here on AudioKarma. The love and support you are getting does have a positive result and is an important part of fighting against any challenge.

Hang in there. I won't pretend that I understand all you're going through, but I will say that I think the people with the best chance of surviving cancer are people with an attitude like yours.

All the best,
Andy.

Hi all, this is Carla, I am this Great Mans wife, and I would like to thank you all for your kind words and thoughts and prayers, they are much appreciated. He is a super guy, and glad he has this support system, you are all super in my book.

We are but small players in support and it is the Big Guy that is your main supporter Be sure to illicit His help in this situation, who I'm sure you already have.

God bless to all involved,

Q

Here's praying for the next 67 months, and the next, and the next, and... :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your success thus far. Keep up the fight and best wishes for the very best in the days ahead :)

First, you keep on fighting. Everyone here is rooting for you. Suck the marrow out of every single moment.

And I'll leave you with what I consider some of the greatest words ever written.

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"
By Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Spoke to Hurley today. Good man. Pray for him. You can start by saying amen to this one.

Abba (dear Father),
Please guide the medical personnel to have special, inspired skill, the ability to see what must be done, how much to administer, and how often. Please continue to keep pain at a distance, and grant peace beyond all understanding to Hurley and his beloved. Please envelop them in a tangible sense of your presence and love. If it be your will, You could speak but a word and cancer would be only a memory. Nothing is so much as difficult for You. Nevertheless, Your will be done. Thank you for granting us the blessing of Hurley's presence in our lives, and please grant that he will continue to be with us a good, long time. You are good, and Your mercy endures forever.

Rich P

P.S. I'm pretty sure that the Holy One can see the "Likes" table, so a "like" can be construed as an "amen."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom