Laura Branigan dead at 47

Wow Bully!

I have not heard of her for some time. I believe I have a tape I recorded of her from the early cd days. Most of my tapes have bitten the dust by now. Not to mention listening to a tape after cd's on tubes and horns can make you want to slit your wrists in agony.

Ron :(

Brain anurism. That is really sad. I read that her husband died not to long ago and she never re-married. She was a genuine pop singer. No frills, just a great singer.

Yes, this is getting pretty sad...

when nice people like Dan Hartman (I Can Dream About You, Instant Replay, Can We Try?), Nicolette Larsen, John Ritter (not a musician of course but too young to go) die and so many others are suffering from maladies I've never heard of (whom I hear of when I read about a tribute album).

But keep in mind they're just the FAMOUS ones. We all need to pay attention to our lives because they are UNSCRIPTED and awfully short.

I saw Laura on her first appearance on American Bandstand, and she seemed to be a genuinely nice person who was very happy with life and her career. She did not seem to stoop to a "formula" and her performances are unique and very enjoyable.

"Life goes on, within you and without you"

Telecolor-Yes. I remember seeing her on TV-on a "Chips" episode, I believe, & IIRC, she was a big, husky girl who looked like she was genuinely enjoying herself. What a shame ! -Sandy G.

I was saddened (actually, shocked) to see this news at AA and here. Ironically, I had just picked up a near mint copy of her "Self Control" album (vinyl) for a dollar at a Goodwill store near Baltimore, MD last Friday. I was, of course, wondering "wonder what happened to her?" :-(

She was a year older than I. Even more poingnantly, a cousin of mine died suddenly this past weekend of a heart attack at age 44. We were quite close as youngsters.

Y'all aging AK'ers make sure you have regular medical checkups, 'K?

Hate to say it, but....

I see the doctor only when I have to!

Whenever I do see one, they keep coming up with things they say should be checked out.

Well, my medical coverage is about as good as a wool sweater in a closet full of moths. So I end up paying mostly out of my pocket.

Since I don't have a wife and kids depending on me, I'll take my chances, GF is financially okay without any of my $$$ anyways.

Besides, she's already got enough of my $$$ already!!!!

Ron

well you know you don't nessesarily just pack up and die - you could be severely incapacitated and/or just feel plain lousy from all the meds you need to take - take it from me.. get a check-up and pay attention to your health. Being an ostritch does not work.

wolfy

On the subject of doctors and death, Warren Zevon had a great quote on his last visit to Letterman's show. I believe it was something to the effect of how WZ didn't like going to docs because they might find something bad and how that became a self-fufilling prophecy (in his case, lung cancer).

Personally I prefered the line about "Enjoy every sandwich" but that's just me.

How did Nicolette Larson pass? I just scored a 200 lp collection at a garage sale, and one of her albums was amongst them. I recall thinking, Wow she really looks good!

Wow, Sad News

Yes it does make us nervous when people start dying in your age group. I'm 53 and consider myself lucky to be still here. Not to preach,but I thank God for everyday I'm here and can listen to my tunes. I do feel blessed:D To bad about Laura, I liked her music.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom