Lava Lamps

Valveglow

Might seem silly...OK, it is silly. But it is indirectly related and often vintage:

Though I do not own one, I am fascinated by how many AK threads I have seen with photos that show a lava lamp in the audio set up.

OK, then, show off your lave lamps!!!:yes:

This is a Century model from 1976, one of my favorite styles from the original american made lamps... You should check out oozinggoo.com, there is a wealth of info about lava lamps there...

Attachments

• lava lite.jpg
    lava lite.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,359
I bought mine on a lark many years ago but after a few enjoyable nostalgic moments, it went into a closet. Couldn't stand the idea of a perfectly good LL going to waste... :D... so a couple years ago I turned an extra bedroom into a vintage room, dusted the LL off and let her flow.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I've never had one but I really want one. I saw a picture once where the the water was green and the "lava" was black. I've always wanted that style but never found it anywhere.

I've never had one but I really want one. I saw a picture once where the the water was green and the "lava" was black. I've always wanted that style but never found it anywhere.

This site is wild (just found it)! I did find a clear liquid with black lave, but no green and black. However, there are wild variations of twister lamps, Tesla looking lamps, etc. Not vintage, but really cool!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=_k61aPJuLa6V8eGoMWB_6w&bvm=bv.62578216,d.dmQ

After the initial vertical volcanic blast and resultant downward flow, lava can definitely move sideways...

It all makes perfect sense now. Since the "ivvb" has already happened, I'm going to place my lamp on it's side as it should be. I don't see what could go wrong with this plan. :D

I always thought Lava Lamps were kind of "lame" when they were first around in the 70's. I guess I never got stoned enough to sit in front of one staring at it. ;)

Lately though, I think they are kind of neat. The S.O. bought one a few years ago because she thinks they are cool. I have to agree now. They are pretty cool.

A vertical version of yours dowey. Given to us as a wedding gift in 1973. Waiting for the "ivvb" to occur.

Got a couple about. Don't use them much, but they are cool.

But they only go well with old receivers. It's uncool to use them with separates. :D

My lava lamp, while in the same room, is as far from my stereo as it could be. But there is a plasma globe right next to my stereo components.
Wish I would have kept the RS color organ I had. Prices for those (color organs in general) have skyrocketed lately.

I stop in this Thrift store on my sales route regularly. I scored a Micro Seiki mb 14 there once. Last time there was a Pair of matching Lava Lamps. $15.oo each. I'd have grabbed them, but the color was a blue liquid with green wax and kind of looked like snot.

If they're there next time I'm through I may get them, if only the color was different.

Back
Top Bottom