Lava Lamps

20150617_174148_zpscqgmcyhk.jpg

20150617_193533_zps0upkxyi8.jpg

Hey VG, I love that rack tell me about the goodies in there. I think I'm seeing an Acoustic Research preamp there but can't make out the amp. I imagine this stuff is driving the 4435's?

Purty Lava Lamp also!! :)

Thanks Bob. I'll post a somewhat older pic so that you can see the speaker set up which are 4312A and a couple of 15" Kicker subs. This latest incarnation is an Audio Research LS-1 (currently disconnected), an Audio Research SP-16L (active) a Sonic Frontiers SFS-80 tube power amp, a computer that my Wiz Son set up for me, and two Crown amplifiers, both XTI-2000 for the subs. This is what I call my computer system since I do virtually all of my online work here. In fact, all my set ups save a Nakamichi System One rack have computers attached to them. My 4435s are in my main system.

20170307_124947_zpsgwldiqpz.jpg

Thanks Bob. I'll post a somewhat older pic so that you can see the speaker set up which are 4312A and a couple of 15" Kicker subs. This latest incarnation is an Audio Research LS-1 (currently disconnected), an Audio Research SP-16L (active) a Sonic Frontiers SFS-80 tube power amp, a computer that my Wiz Son set up for me, and two Crown amplifiers, both XTI-2000 for the subs. This is what I call my computer system since I do virtually all of my online work here. In fact, all my set ups save a Nakamichi System One rack have computers attached to them. My 4435s are in my main system.

20170307_124947_zpsgwldiqpz.jpg

That's one nice office system! :thumbsup:

Drumset Alert!! :yikes:

Please tell. I'm a drummer that plays guitar also. I bought my dream kit new in '83, a Sonor Lite kit in Natural Scandinavian Birch that is in mint condition to this day. It's exactly what Jack DeJohnette used throughout the 80's & 90's, he still has a set of Lite's in his collection at home. In addition I bought a Tama kit to use for band practice & occasional gigs so I wouldn't harm my babies lol. I was playing in an oldies band last summer but was sidetracked with some health issues but plan on getting back with them on a part time basis in the fall if all goes right.

That's one nice office system! :thumbsup:

Drumset Alert!! :yikes:

Please tell. I'm a drummer that plays guitar also. I bought my dream kit new in '83, a Sonor Lite kit in Natural Scandinavian Birch that is in mint condition to this day. It's exactly what Jack DeJohnette used throughout the 80's & 90's, he still has a set of Lite's in his collection at home. In addition I bought a Tama kit to use for band practice & occasional gigs so I wouldn't harm my babies lol. I was playing in an oldies band last summer but was sidetracked with some health issues but plan on getting back with them on a part time basis in the fall if all goes right.

Hi Bob! Well, I certainly hope that your health is improving! There are drums to play and music to hear!! Love Jack D. Sonors are great too. This time around, it's a Ludwig Legacy Mahogany kit, 14 x 26, 9x13, 10x14, 16x16, 16x18 with a 100th Anniversary Hammered 6.5x14 Black Beauty snare. In that room is more audio gear (of course...)

20170405_135046_zpszsub2pjf.jpg

Gadzooks Bob!!! I didn't even see the Phase Linear in the previous photos. The drum rack that I call "Frankie" (for Frankenstein) since he's 7' tall a Yamaha mixer, Audix Microphones, a computer, Behringer Feedback Destroyer and EQ, with an Audix Aural Exciter / Big Bottom, and two Crown amplifiers, an XTI 4000 for a JBL18" 2245 and an XTI 2000 for two Behringer monitors with two 15s and a horn each. I may try a JBL 2242 in place of the 2245...maybe. In the same room next to it is my Nakamichi System One with twin amps and rotating small speakers depending on mood. Also Yamaha CA-810 amp (disconnected) in Frankie...

20170406_160413_zpse93hlg7h.jpg

Also Bob, what are all those guitars???...

...though I have REALLY strayed for Lava Lamps in my own thread!...

Here's a few . . . :)

Note they are all left handed aside from the one reverse strung right handed Strat.

Fender American Series Strat

20170324_133820.jpg

Paul Reed Smith McCarty

20170324_132146.jpg

Agile AS 820

20170324_134709.jpg

Fenders . . . AS P-Bass / AS Tele / AS Strat / Fender Japan Strat

20170318_123908_1.jpg

Now back to Lava-Land :beatnik:

In the 60's I lived very close to the Lava Manufacturing Corporation in Chicago.

Wiki:

In 1965, two men named Adolph Wertheimer and Hy Spector were intrigued by Walker’s invention when they saw it at a German trade show. They bought the American rights and began the Lava Manufacturing Corporation in Chicago, IL to sell what they called the Lava Lite Lamp. In the late 1970s, the US rights were sold to Larry Haggerty, who created a subsidiary of his company, Haggerty Enterprises, called Lava World International, which produced American lava lamps for over 30 years.[5]

Former Lava Lamp factory, at 1650 Irving Park Road, Chicago

1024px-Lava_Lamp_Factory_Chicago_IL.jpg

In the 60's I lived very close to the Lava Manufacturing Corporation in Chicago.

Wiki:

In 1965, two men named Adolph Wertheimer and Hy Spector were intrigued by Walker’s invention when they saw it at a German trade show. They bought the American rights and began the Lava Manufacturing Corporation in Chicago, IL to sell what they called the Lava Lite Lamp. In the late 1970s, the US rights were sold to Larry Haggerty, who created a subsidiary of his company, Haggerty Enterprises, called Lava World International, which produced American lava lamps for over 30 years.[5]

Former Lava Lamp factory, at 1650 Irving Park Road, Chicago

1024px-Lava_Lamp_Factory_Chicago_IL.jpg

Like everything else now,....

Made in China. Totally sux brother.

You're kidding!

I was just looking Lava Lamps on Ebay and this one would be cool to have for halloween or anytime.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-199...mp-Dimmer-Light-Up-Eyes-Skeleton/162587740579

150 bones and it has a bid on it,... amazing.

EDIT: The lamps are definitely pretty cool looking and I dig the vibe, but I don't think it's 'that' cool, at that price. To each his own I suppose. No flames, I'd put that cash-ola towards vinyl or something hi-fi worthy.

150 bones and it has a bid on it,... amazing.

EDIT: The lamps are definitely pretty cool looking and I dig the vibe, but I don't think it's 'that' cool, at that price. To each his own I suppose. No flames, I'd put that cash-ola towards vinyl or something hi-fi worthy.

Me too . . . . All five of mine came from thrifts for next to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom