Leads & Wires and Plugs & Where Your Hiding Them

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by Nightcleaner, May 16, 2018.

1. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Active Member

Hi

Ever notice in the Glossy pages of the press when they are trying to Flog us the latest bit of what ever. they cut the leads of or do they When you see Hi fi in these glorious looking locations. No wires. Wires are my only Gripe about our hobby and how you hide them. So Im trolling through your pictures. Being nosey :banana: trying to educate myself on how to hide the spaghetti.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. 55Redneck

55Redneck Canadian Redneck

I don't even try to hide wires with my setup. My shop/music room has an unfinished ceiling. My system is right beside my chair (who needs a remote?) so I ran 3 sets of speaker wires up to the ceiling strung through the rafters, and down to whatever speakers/sub I have hooked up at the time. ;)

3. swechsler

swechsler Frog Whisperer

I have to admin I'm a bit lazy with wires (and this applies to my computers as well) - once I've got everything working I generally just push the wires to the back and forget about them, since arranging them is probably the least fun part of this hobby. The one exception was when I built my home theater - since I was building a new room for it, I was able to run most of the wires inside the walls.

4. motorstereo

motorstereo AK Subscriber Subscriber

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to cabling that you don't feel the need to hide. I think quality cabling looks great as long as some effort was made to organize it.

5. tcdriver

tcdriver AK Subscriber Subscriber

Some wires are beautiful. They are made to be seen.

6. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier

It is what it is. My power cables look nice, but they are thick--hiding is not so much an option as minimizing is. The interconnects are also a bit on the thick side. It is more a matter of arranging them for maximum sonic benefits (crossing them a certain way or keeping them separated). When I had a crappy system with crap cables, sure, I would just bundle all that stuff together and hide it out of the way with wire ties. That was also when I had 4x as many components as my main system has now.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Active Member

Spent ages tonight messing with my wires. i think I done pretty well. Her indoors think so too. I swore I never would buy anymore speaker stands. But I seen the light. Custom Design FS20 - 205 I spent a lot of money too Best Part of well...

Hope you like what I've done.

Edit 18/may/2018 - pictures

Changed my listening position yet again - everything fed under the rugs (Cables)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Ds2000 likes this.
  8. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

I make no effort to hide my wires but I do bundle up any extra length which leads to a very clean look anyway. No wire hanging down the back of anything - no groups of excess wires nesting like a snake's lair on the floor either.

9. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 12:11 AM