Leaving AK.....ready for change

jeffn

Mid-Fi Crisis
Hi there.

I've been on AK for what seems like an eternity but its only been a year or two.

Like a lot of us I've spent too much time here browsing and reading; even if it was about topics and equipment that I didn't understand, didn't own, and never would. Still I browsed.......hours ticking.

I've decided to get out of a general rut, and among other things AK is on a page in my lifes' photo album thats being turned over to reveal a fresh page and fresh way forward. Sometimes you need to kick yourself in the butt and smell the roses......change habits.......and start with a new outlook.

Will maybe catch up again one day........ keep the username free !:tears:

Good luck, I do understand your pain, even some of the founders have gotten burned out from all the posts, I think we're approaching 400 new subject threads a day, I have to admit I can't spend so many hours sifting through all of them anymore either. Sometimes I wish we'd go back to just posting about AUDIO like the good old days a few years ago, in less than 10 minutes I could be through all posts, the good old days indeed!! I find the Altec user board much more manageable, only a few new threads per day!! Good luck, many of us share your pain!! Dave. :tears:

Good luck, I do understand your pain, even some of the founders have gotten burned out from all the posts, I think we're approaching 400 new subject threads a day, I have to admit I can't spend so many hours sifting through all of them anymore either. Sometimes I wish we'd go back to just posting about AUDIO like the good old days a few years ago, in less than 10 minutes I could be through all posts, the good old days indeed!! I find the Altec user board much more manageable, only a few new threads per day!! Good luck, many of us share your pain!! Dave. :tears:

I have to agree, it's really too bad to have to sift through what I consider junk about girlfriends/relationships-cars of all things!! Cheez. In my opinion they really are best left for other forums.
I find my self really enjoyng the 2-3 year earlier post's. Short and sweet-and to the point!
I'm really new here, but I'm going to make it a considered effort to stick with audio, try to be quick and consise, and leave the other B.S. out

good luck on your new road..and to the rest... a thought..while its an audio site.. there is plenty on audio and a wealth of knowledge as far as the cars/relationships/etc etc. i would rather see that and pick and choose than any other news forum.. TV, newspaper, internet news just my .02

good luck on your new road..and to the rest... a thought..while its an audio site.. there is plenty on audio and a wealth of knowledge as far as the cars/relationships/etc etc. i would rather see that and pick and choose than any other news forum.. TV, newspaper, internet news just my .02

My point was weeding through the crap is time consuming-some of us have a life other than the internet. If this is true, perhaps the name should be Auido Karma ETC.

Hello Jeff,

I'm in a similiar situation with regard to this forum. When I first started on here a few years ago, this was a completely new hobby for me. I was also not in a very good place, as far as my career was concerned. I had just finished college a short time before, and had come to the conclusion that my career choice "chiropractic" was not for me. So I flushed the toilet and tried to regroup. In the meantime, Audiokarma provided a great escape from my pain and disappointment. Over the past year, I've gotten out of default by working manual labour jobs. Yet at the end of the day, I'm so tired that I just mainly stare at the screen if I even think about logging on to AK. So I don't even bother with trying to keep up. I just click on most recent posts and read a few that look interesting.

I too need to kick myself in the butt and get myself a major life change. That recent thread "How does a young man get ahead these days" was a major inspiration for me. I will be seriously considering making a big move soon.

Back
Top Bottom