Leaving, on a jet plane...

Charlie

At Sea
Just found out today that I'm flying out tomorrow (on many planes) to go meet the ship. :( Got to fly from Houston to Chicago to Boston to Bangor. Then drive to Searsport, ME. Tomorrow is going to be a looonnngggg day!

Guess it will be a relief from the chaos of spending 50 days at home! (yeah right) Will miss playing with the old electronics, but at least I can get on AK by connecting my cel phone to my laptop while on the ship. That kinda keeps me feeling close to home while i am on board ship.

I should be coming back home around Dec. 1st, so that means I'll be home for Christmas and New Years! :D

Don't forget to unplug the soldering iron before you leave. ;) See you on the mobile.

Thanks guys. Sittin in the Chicago airport right now waitin on my next flight. Don't get to Searsport till 1800 tonight. Not even half way there yet!

Have a safe trip. Bet its beautiful in Maine this time of year.

Grumpy

Been sittin in the Boston Logan airport for the past two hours and still have 3 hours to go. Missed my flight from Boston to Bangor due to security measures here at this airport, and the fact that there aren't enough government employees here to screen the long-ass line of people trying to get through. Also, if you leave one section of the airport to get to another airline connecting flight in another section of the airport, means have to go thru security AGAIN. On top of that, there was no transportation to get from one side to the other. :mad: :dammit: :thumbsdn: :uzi: :starwars: :rant: :gigglemad

Oh well.... that just gives me time to buy beer at the bar! But at 5 bucks per beer? Airports are a rip-off! :beer: :beerchug: :drunk:

Thor is Bangor. He probably has plenty of beer unless he hasn't re-stocked from the last party.

g

Damm Charlie too bad we couldn't have arranged to meet up! If you are flying into Bangor that's my hometown, if I had known ahead of time I coulda given you a ride to Searsport (I grew up on Verona Island and went to Jr high and high school in Bucksport) Good luck at Sea!

Turns out that I didn't get to Bangor till almost 2200. Finally made it to the ship in Searsport at 2300. Had a few beers at the airport, and man they sure do make their money on them!

Thor,

I had thought about contacting you a few days back, but there were two other guys also flying in from different parts of the country to meet the ship. They were supposed to pick me up once my flight got in. Neither one of them have a sense of adventure and definately wouldn't hear of deviating from the travel plans that were set before us by our office. Guess it didn't matter in the end since all the plans got screwed up anyway.

We're in Philly now, so, maybe I'll get to give you a shout next time around.

Back
Top Bottom