Lector CDP-0.5T arrived today!

BlackSwamp

Previously DingusBoy
After delays with the distributor, my Lector CDP arrived about an hour ago. Brian said to give it 70 hours or so burn in time before I really evaluate it. So I won't comment on the sound other then to say I'm burning it in with a :D currently.

I thought I'd get a few pics on the trusty dishwasher (not discwasher) before I hooked it up. So here they are:

Suddenly, tubes are beginning to crop up in my system. they seem to be growing.

Russ,

Here is a link to the Lector 0.5T web page.

Lector CDP 0.5T

I'm sure BrianB can offer more details as well. I called him about two months ago and he highly recommended this player. My knowledge of things digital is limited so I felt a trusworthy dealer was the route to go.

If it sounds as good as it looks, you’re in business Dingus! Funny how tubes start growing and multiplying :p:
I think it’s a plot of some sort :saywhat:

-Dave

Hi DingusBoy,

Well, your order was part of the first "official" shipment of Lector products to the U.S., and naturally a number of unanticipated holdups occurred. But I'm betting you'll wind up agreeing that this CD player was well worth the wait!

Yes, the Lector player does indeed require a good three to four days of near-continuous use before it truly begins to "open up". But once the unit is broken in, I think you'll find that it manages to pull off a rather rare feat for a CD player in this price range: It manages to sound remarkably detailed yet remarkably smooth at the same time.

At any rate, thanks again for trusting my recommendations!

Cheers,
Brian
Venus Hi-Fi

P.S. I'd recommend holding off on playing around with the different "tweaks" I sent you (the Blue Circle power cord and DARUMA-3ii isolation bearings) until after (1) the player has had a chance to break in, and (2) you've had a chance to familiarize yourself with the sound of the unit "as is"...

It is running stock currently except for the fact that it is plugged into my Panamax 1000 line conditioner.

I will post a review after the burn in is complete. But i will say this, out of the box it clearly outperforms my Rega Planet which clearly outperformed every other crap player I'd ever owned.

The only drawback is NOW I can hear a badly recorded CD whereas before they all sounded bad!

The looks are fantastic, not as "out there" as the Shanling (which is gorgeous) but very clean, smart and classy.

It seems I may have completed my "source" end of things for some time. The Lector, Well Tempered, and Akai 635 make for a great front end!

Maybe I'm just X-mas cheery, but it's possible the poster doesn't have a firm grasp on English. His location does say Spain.

Suddenly, tubes are beginning to crop up in my system. they seem to be growing.

No, no no.

Fungus is GROWING, tubes are GLOWING.

Actually, katabasis' first post here was a rather long (and fluent) description of his experience auditioning a Lector player in Spain. I read his original post several days back, and was finally getting around to respond to it last night, but found that the message had been replaced with the above quip.

I do hope that katabasis didn't feel slighted by the fact that nobody responded to his original first post...

Looks like a sweet unit!

Dingusboy,
It's amazing how little time it takes for the collection of little glow tubes to grow around you. Next thing you know, there will be endless boxes of NOS tubes for rolling. You will be firmly hooked now, there is no turning back.
Ron :cool:

Back
Top Bottom