LED bulb upgrade on a Yamaha CR-420

I know this is older, but could you send me the info for the LED's? It looks like the sources have been changing over time.

Thanks!

Looks great.

Sorry, I don't have the source info anymore. I recommend that you search other threads on AK. You should be able to find some current sources. Hope that helps.

Greg

You're in luck. I just found my old post with the source. Hope his contact info is still valid:
d haywood <deh12110@yahoo.com>

He is an AK member but is quite busy, so don't expect a lightening quick response. But he did fulfill my order in about a week and the lamps arrived within a few days. He is a good communicator and will answer your questions about lamp installation. Good Luck!! :thmbsp:

Greg

I know this is an old thread - but looking for LEDs for my Yamaha CR-450. Any chance this source still supplies them? Or anyone else? Thank in advance!

IMG_4421.JPG Here's a PC5002M. Bright white LEDS on left channel. Original incandescents on the right.

I just bought some flat top 3mm led's on ebay. You could also use 5mm led's. You want flat-top because of the light dispersion. The light power source was 12 VAC, so I used a bridge rectifier, 100pf 35v cap for smoothing, and a 3.0v linear regulator to change it to 3vdc for the leds. There's more detail in a separate post. Just search the forum for Yamaha PC5002M.

You're in luck. I just found my old post with the source. Hope his contact info is still valid:
d haywood <deh12110@yahoo.com>

He is an AK member but is quite busy, so don't expect a lightening quick response. But he did fulfill my order in about a week and the lamps arrived within a few days. He is a good communicator and will answer your questions about lamp installation. Good Luck!! :thmbsp:

Greg
Hi. I haven't purchased lamps in a while so I have no idea whether dhaywood is still around. I did just stumble on the following source but I have no experience with them: https://stereolamps.com/

Good luck!

Greg

Back
Top Bottom