• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Ellie Dee

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters

loopstick

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The Light Emitting Diode (LED). How do you pronounce "LED"? Is it "Led" as in Led Zeppelin? Or do you pronounce the individual letters as in Ellie Dee?

I voted L.E.D. (Ellie Dee). I'm American, so that might be the problem. I know Australians and English pronounce it as Led. Both are acceptable in my opinion.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
LED, Ellie Dee. Does anyone seriously call them lead? Maybe the 2 who voted otherwise represent the plus or minus 3% error rate in the general population that most polls seem to have.

LED, Ellie Dee. Does anyone seriously call them lead? Maybe the 2 who voted otherwise represent the plus or minus 3% error rate in the general population that most polls seem to have.

They don't come up in conversation that often but I once heard a hobbyist type guy pronounce it "led" and the morning before the poll I listened / watched a streamed technology show in which the two hosts - old time radio technology guys - were talking about a new toy in the studio. It was some expensive piece of modern gear and they called the L-E-D's "leds".

Acronym (radar, led) or initials (L-E-D)? I think the reason the acronym version never caught on was that it was easily confused with the metal or pencil graphite.

Back
Top Bottom