Leestereo's Restoration and Upgrade Of A Marantz 2325

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by Leestereo, Nov 18, 2015.

1. dgoulet

dgoulet New Member

I was going to ask you Steve did you replace those grey tin film caps I see on other rebuild that lots of people are not replacing them , just curious about the sound impact,my 2325 is not working until I rebuild it so I can't tell what a 2325 sounds like
    Denis

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Steven Tate

Steven Tate AK Subscriber Subscriber

Which board are you referring to? I can check my parts list. Don't remember off hand if I did or didn't.
    Steve

3. dgoulet

dgoulet New Member

I have some on the P-400 C-401-2 and I am reading about high end Philips orange drops I was thinking on using some on the P-700 C-701 I hear these put out fantastic sound

4. Steven Tate

5. dgoulet

dgoulet New Member

Ok thanks again:beerchug:

6. OFrank

OFrank New Member

Hello Leestereo, in your post for upgrading the P700 power amp for the Marantz 2325, you specify that H701 and H702 are a matched pair. Where do you purchase matched pairs?
    Thank you in advanced. 'O'Frank

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Steven Tate

OFrank, those transistors are dirt cheap. You buy at least 20 or so - more if possible - and test them on an hfe tester. The Chinese component testers you can get on the bay will digitally display the hfe or many cheap (think Harbor Freight) DMM’s have an hfe test mode. Measure a bunch of the transistors and pick two close together in hfe - say a difference of 5 or less. Less is better.
    Steve