Left Chanel out, dynaco pas3

Touch the points circled in yellow with the test lead. with The unit turned on with the volume up.
if there is sound in one channel and not the other, there is likely a problem with the tone control bypass.
P1010003.JPG

Last edited:
as has already been pointed out in an earlier thread, the original selector switch is a multi layer wafer design, custom built for the PAS back in the day. Replacing it with a modern single wafer will not work if you stick with the original Dynaco preamps. You could perhaps use a modern multi wafer selector switch, but it would require some 'working out' as to which contact/s in each wafer of the switch to use. I have never done this because it is just too time consuming and not an easy task!
We also sell that type of selector switch, but it is only suitable when combined with our various modern preamp replacement kit.
You have two choices. Re install the original selector switch using the original Dynaco wiring diagram, or consider upgrading to modern PAS replacement pcb's and which point you would need to use that modern selector switch.

Ok I did rewire the old selector switch back in place. I still don’t have sounds from the left channel. As I said before when I touch one of the orange drop lead it does make some buzzing sounds from the left. Is it something to consider?

without having a closer look at the amp as well, makes remote diagnosis pretty difficult. Can you take some nice sharp photo's of the innards, might go a long way to help you solve this issue.

And lastly just to be clear, on the output plate ( not sure how to call this part ) theres two resistor that I don’t have anymore. Are the 10 ohm and 510k ohm resistor?

Hmm ok well I install the 10ohm resistors and since they weren’t install maybe I haven’t listen correctly, but now all I have is sounds on the left channel and some low volume distortion on the right one

OK, no probs. It is all a learning curve, as long as that curve is not too expensive!! ALWAYS keep in mind, with tubes, you are dealing with high DC voltages, so ALWAYS be VERY careful! :)

Back
Top Bottom