Let me introduce myself

sylliec

Hi Audiokarma,
Thanks for existing and greetings from Sacramento, California where the sun is shining (last time I looked). I have alot of catching up to do in regards to audio knowledge. I used to have a player hooked up to a receiver hooked up with speaker wire to speakers. In a blink of an eye everything has changed. The are DACs and preamps and streamers and who knows what else. But my music collection (mostly on computer files) went bye-bye with the death of my computer. So I am starting from scratch and have to figure out what I need with all of these wonderful new music streaming services that are out there. Do speakers still take speaker wires I ask myself. There is something called Sonos which sounds like it may be an easy way to jump in just pricey. How do I learn? Find a good forum and learn bit by bit. So here I am. Wish me luck!!!

Welcome and enjoy!! The title reminded me of the line from an Austin Powers movie: "Allow myself to introduce myself." LOL!!

Welcome and enjoy!! The title reminded me of the line from an Austin Powers movie: "Allow myself to introduce myself." LOL!!
Thanks and I will. think there’s an old song that has the “introduce myself” line.... maybe the Rolling Stones?

Welcome. What are you looking to put together? Computer based, 2 channel, Separates or Integrated, Vintage or newer? What kind of room do you have? Monitors, floorstanders?

Have fun.

Welcome, welcome from the right coast! ;)

In terms of your dead computer's music collection -
did you keep the computer or hard drive?
Sometimes things can be recovered ...

Back
Top Bottom