Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Just spent many hours polishing this double student lamp with Brasso. Took it completely apart and re-wired as the old wiring had frayed and gave me a shock when touching the base. Tarnish/oxidation was so bad that initially I thought it was brass plate on steel. Some sections needed to be soaked in a solution of dissolved salt in vinegar. It turned out OK.
White or Green shades?
IMGP2116.JPG IMGP2118.JPG
I think I prefer the green
IMGP2120.JPG

Besides this red Napako lamp that's on its way, that same process I described above is how I found this lamp, mentioned earlier in the thread, I had shipped in from Bulgaria last year. Other various items around the house have also been tracked down over the years this way.

index.php
index.php

Speaking of this lamp, one of the things I like to do sometimes is browse current listings of sellers I've bought from before - especially if I had a good buying experience.

And it this case it paid off. ;)

As I was browsing the listings of the seller that that lamp came from in Bulgaria, he had a matching one for bids. I sent him a message mentioning I had bought another from him last year, and asking if he had any more; and it turns out, two more, which he agreed to sell at whatever the bidding listing ended at. I now have three of these same lamps on their way across the globe! :D I've already found a suitable three (or four, since I may not be needing my desk lamp any more with the red lamp above on its way too) hole chrome canopy to hang them as a cluster pendant like google images shows how they may have come originally (photo below).
claus-bolby-chandelier.jpg

I like the green, personally.

I second the green, it contrasts nicely with the brass and the wall behind.

I second the green, it contrasts nicely with the brass and the wall behind.

My wife is a lamp collector, (she lights up my life). She has a fetish for those 'Gone With The Wind' Hurricane Lamps. She has a stash of milk glass shades that will fit this student lamp. She just walked in the room with a set of milk glass shades with wimpy looking painted flowers - "How about these?" she asks. I just pointed in the direction she had come from.

Awesome news today in the Caribbean!! :D

My desk lamp has arrived from Czech Republic. Not the first one that got lost, but the replacement red one I mentioned a few days ago.

It's perfect! (Condition-wise, no, it's got some scratches and chips in the original paint that I already knew about from the listing - no surprise being almost 60 years old.) But it's perfect because it's exactly what I wanted.

Josef Hurka for Napako TYP0521, ca. 1959

All original, down to the European plug (that I need to buy an adapter for).

IMG_7789.JPG

IMG_7791.JPG

I like it a lot! LOL

Still have those Bolby pendants in transit - hope they get here safely and soon, too!

I picked up 2 of these today for me and wife’s bedside tables. I'll probably break out the DSLR to take better pics of these and some other gear since my phone doesn't do a good job because the protection part on the outside of phone that covers the lens broke.

208537A8-A098-4AB4-A683-C2238F407481.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife found this at a thrift store yesterday.
Brass base, porcelain center section. Her research on it came up with German; Sitzendorf, turn of the century (19th to 20th)
IMGP2250.JPG
IMGP2251.JPG
Although the shade is original shape and style, I think the fabric must have been redone. The fabric had considerable staining, smoke nicotine, but the material is in fantastic condition. It cleaned up very well using a carpet shampoo attachment.

I picked this one up while buying audio equipment at a guys house...go figure :D It was just sitting neglected in his garage...what a shame!

AsianLamp.jpg

This one was constructed from some NOS porcelain sockets and HUGE Westinghouse "display case" bulbs I found in a hardware store's ancient backstock.
It resides on top of my Tannoys.

Lamp_on.jpg

Lamp_Big.jpg

Back
Top Bottom