Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

No real cool history or anything, just a Modernica made George Nelson Half Nelson lamp. This is the last run of these, so you may have to find vintage from now on (very hard to find, and expensive). I always thought this was an awesome lamp and finally ordered one. I'll try it in a few places and see where it works best. Maybe the music room because it looks like a cymbal. ;)

I have a couple others that are somewhat interesting I'll try to post later.

Very nice, where can I get one?

Here's a couple others

This one is from MOMA.

This was just a random eBay find:

Don't know the maker of either.

Here is a Fostoria I have on my tool cart.

Built this for my sons mancave. Need to get pics of it there .
DSC_0005_zps8aqbbs5m.jpg

Nice use of an old tank level sensor!

Digging the rotary phone... can't quite tell, is that a push button replica or is it the real deal?
Its a cheapo replica my wife got somewhere - I used to have an authentic Western Electric O phone in the room,
but it wasn't very loud and the old cord was messy from bed.

IMG_2188.jpg

The coolest phone is a real wood custom princess phone I bought off ebay ages ago ...
It came from California - I'll presume the signature is the woodworker who crafted it.

IMG_2189.jpg IMG_2191.jpg

Its under a neat craftsman-clone type mica table lamp ...

IMG_2193.jpg

and on the far left, a floor lamp I built from an old Kenmore vacuum cleaner -
I found that on the side of the road in our neighborhood awaiting the trash truck
and we loved the look of it so much I turned it into a lamp!

(yeah, the place is a mess - life happens here and its been a busy 2 months!)

IMG_2194.jpg

Last edited:
Even though it could be a holiday lamp it stays out all year. It was a cool gift from our oldest daughter a few years ago.20160502_124050.jpg 20160502_124015.jpg 20160502_124025.jpg When the kittens came along last August, the leg portion being lit was perfect in our walk-in closet until their eyes were able to take in more light.

Back
Top Bottom