Lets fix those Revox NAB hubs with the broken rubber rings!

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
I was in need of a NAB hub for my new-to-me Teac A-6300 and an AK’er on Barter Town came to my rescue with a good deal on one. Unfortunately the rubber ring was dried out and broken.

I measured the old one and did some research - determining that a standard #231 O-ring was the fix.

I ordered up some on eBay for short money and I’m good to go! The ones I got were durometer rating of 70 and in white - which seems to be just fine.

D918B536-685C-4AB3-B4C7-335F236F16F4.jpeg 07E55BA6-0C67-4AB2-A652-258ECD24DA7E.jpeg 4A54D8D2-7DE9-4CB2-A31B-214A14774568.jpeg 8266AF63-1CF7-4BDA-8650-C36FA82E6B16.jpeg

@xbart

Last edited:
Thanks for the solution!
Is it just a matter of rolling the new ring into the slot, or is some disassembly of the adapter required?

It just rolls into the existing groove.
Just be careful you don’t loose those little discs - they’ll fall right out and are used to locate the reel - though I suspect there’s enough tension without them.

It just rolls into the existing groove.
Just be careful you don’t loose those little discs - they’ll fall right out and are used to locate the reel - though I suspect there’s enough tension without them.
Thanks.
I see now why you included a pic of them. Didn't know they were inside - my O rings are still intact for the moment.
Bruce

I went to my local True Value & got 'close enough' - as it's not a critical fit. Sprayed w/silicone let dry overnight and voila !!
The tiny discs do not 'locate' the reel, but rather LOCK it into place (pair beside me on my x2000).

Back
Top Bottom