Lets see all them Amplifiers!

Needed something to hear my new to me Peavey T60. My buddy came through with an old Fender Blues Deluxe:rockon:
Peavey is hitting all those strat, Tele and Les Paul tones. Enjoying this little amp too
image.jpeg

My two Marshalls, one is a 1983 JCM800 model 2203 highly modified by myself, preamp mods, also runs KT88 tubes, more linear sounding with a nice chime to them....
The other head is a 1975 1959SLP, its got the same mods the JCM has, but they dont sound the same, the 1959SLP sounds creamer than the JCM...
The quads are 1960 Classics with 25w Green-back celestions.......
I have owned the JCM since 1984, and the JMP since 2003, I have also had the SRE555 since 1984.......why change a good thing right?

IMG_0057.JPG

I've had a 100 watt Carvin tube combo amp since about the early nineties. It stopped working a little over a year ago. I grew tired of lugging it around "heavy" so I sort of made an impulse buy on a Roland cube amp. Haven't been real inspired using it (Solid state). So, anyway I just ordered a new Carvin V3m amp after watching a lot of vids on it. I've had several Carvin products over the years and I must say they make really fine instruments. Now i just have to break the news to the wife!:naughty:

I'm just a guitar hack and don't want or need the expensive gear. I run a Bugera Infinium V5 combo (8' speaker - meh) tube amp as a head amp for a Bugera 212TS cabinet. I have Roland cube modeling amp with a flabby speaker that I'll someday get around to replacing, and an older (late 90s) Peavy Bandit 112 Transtube that is on semi-permanent loan to my dad for use with his Korg synth in his garage.

I'm just a guitar hack and don't want or need the expensive gear. I run a Bugera Infinium V5 combo (8' speaker - meh) tube amp as a head amp for a Bugera 212TS cabinet. I have Roland cube modeling amp with a flabby speaker that I'll someday get around to replacing, and an older (late 90s) Peavy Bandit 112 Transtube that is on semi-permanent loan to my dad for use with his Korg synth in his garage.
You can build a Fender Deluxe clone for well under $150 and Champ for $100. Of course you'll have to be handy with parts and diy skills though. I've collected some vintage Fender, Ampeg, and Supero amps, and my diy clones sound as good. If you're interested in how to cut the cost down dramatically, shoot me a PM.

vdeGcbi.jpg

found this amp in a junk pile,changed the caps and cleaned it up she came out pretty cool.it was in pretty ruff shape
when I found it

IMG_20170129_135204.jpg

Crate Vintage Club 20 (VC2110r) on the left, Crate Vintage Club 50 (VC5310) on the right. I am currently working on the big one.

Crate Vintage Club 20 (VC2110r) on the left, Crate Vintage Club 50 (VC5310) on the right. I am currently working on the big one.
Very nice. I was wondering what you had there after you posted in the guitar thread.
That Club 20 would be more my speed since I don't gig anymore.
Last time I went looking at Crate amps all the dealer had was solid state.
Typical hard harsh 80's transistor sound. I would have gladly taken the 20 home.

Thanks, valvenator. I picked up both of these amps within a month of each other, over the Christmas/New Year Holidays. I am pretty stoked. They are both in great shape, even if they need a bit of attention. I just wish I was a decent guitarist. Oh well, I have fun.

The one and only I've used for decade upon decade...
Aw, thanks for the memories, damn it!
I used to have one. Sold it to a friend cheap,.....real cheap,...........who promised to let me know if he was ever going to sell it.
Guess what he forgot to do....
Hang on to yours my friend.

Back
Top Bottom