Lets See All Them Axes

Oh no, I just meant this one...

View attachment 1105795

I didn't mean your pictures, just one of your messages. I think one of your message somehow got buried in my quote and I didn't see it right away. No worries though, someone told me what happened and I got it sorted out. I replied to it in post #1513. :)

Although, there is this post too. :p...

View attachment 1105801

Did you say anything in that one?

Ok Eyadude, about the first.
The second one you refer to that has nothing on it was an abort by me of doing the first reply of me thinking you were referring to the pictures.
I could wipe the contents, but I could not back out of the reply it`s self, so it went out bare.
I apologize for my confusion Sir.
All is good.
Have a great Sunday

Kind regards, OKB

Ah. Just found your post. :p

Yeah, I have an 80's Epiphone strat copy that I bought for $30 that has an Explorer-shaped headstock and it has two very fine micro, and I do mean micro cracks in the maple neck behind the nut. I've always thought of doing exactly what your shop teacher did. One of these days I'll get it up and going though.

Sounds like you had access to a great rig like I did at one time. Sadly, I only knew the guy who had the 1970 Marshall JMP 50 watt head for a short time before he moved, but the tone that I got out of that rig was legendary. Sadly, the price of pre-'73 Marshalls skyrocketed, so I was never able to afford one. I remember the days when you could still find plexis and metal faced ones from that era for as low as $800-$1,200. Less than a brand new Marshall. Them's was the days. I recently saw a 1972 Marshall JMP Model 1987 here locally for $1,400, but the power tranny had been replaced, there was a fan installed, and there had been several other mods done to it. No thanks. :rolleyes:

As a side note, that Epiphone strat has a 3-tone sunburst finish and I want to replace the pickguard with a tortoiseshell 'guard (it's currently black). I haven't decided if I am going to put full-sized humbuckers in it, or if I am going to put three Strat-sized hot rail pickups in it for something a little different. As for the trem system, I might just install a block behind it to lock it in place to create a "hardtail" setup. It's a neat-looking guitar though. Options, options, options...

Ref : 1970`s Marshall 50/100 watt amps prices/value--

I`l never forget walking into a music store in Atlanta, GA. in Sept. of 1980, while on the road as a FOH sound man and noticing that the store had about a dozen Marshall heads neatly stacked just inside the door on the floor, like a bargain bin setup for quick sale.
I guess they were trade in`s from their owners when they "upgraded" to the 2 input high gain JMPs that had just became available ?!?!

I could probably bought the whole bunch for a $1,000.00, or less, but didn`t have the spare dough, nor space in the band`s truck for bringing back to Miami, FL. where I lived at that time.

I can cringe, thinking of the current value/desire of that stack of small and large box 4 input Marshall tube heads, in reflection !!

Mercy Sakes Alive, on that..

Take care Sir.

Kind regards, OKB

I`l never forget walking into a music store in Atlanta, GA. in Sept. of 1980, while on the road as a FOH sound man and noticing that the store had about a dozen Marshall heads neatly stacked just inside the door on the floor, like a bargain bin setup for quick sale.
I guess they were trade in`s from their owners when they "upgraded" to the 2 input high gain JMPs that had just became available ?!?!

I could probably bought the whole bunch for a $1,000.00, or less, but didn`t have the spare dough, nor space in the band`s truck for bringing back to Miami, FL. where I lived at that time.

I can cringe, thinking of the current value/desire of that stack of small and large box 4 input Marshall tube heads, in reflection !!

Take care Sir.

Kind regards, OKB

The 4 inputs were weird and that later thing, where you mighta needed to look inside probably wasn't too different than an 800 and it sounded a lot like one one I plugged into once.

The 4 inputs were weird and that later thing, where you mighta needed to look inside probably wasn't too different than an 800 and it sounded a lot like one one I plugged into once.

IIRC, the 800 low gain input modeled the bassy channel of the 4 inputter Marchalll amps !!
A lot of player`s were looking for natural amp gain without the early noisy stomp boxes between their axes and their Marshall tube amps..

Last edited:
IIRC, the 800 low gain input modeled the bassy channel of the 4 inputter Marchalll amps !!
A lot of player`s were looking for natural amp gain without the early noisy stomp boxes between their axes and their Marshall tube amps..

It sounded good and usual sound thing like boosted with a TS it was a tighter one though, wasn't as loose like a lot of them.

Yeah, good analogy, forgot about the TS. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Yeah been sitting around modding a lot of junk. right now one of these ultrabass's is on the cab after all the valve stuff modding just said hell get an ss amp to play with. And like again reminds me of old ss gear, where it's just really transistory but you can get some stupid amount of distortion up front to kinda play nice with it. cross between like a searing TS and a Metalzone or something lol.

Take care Sir.

Kind regards, OKB

Man, that would have been a score and a half! Do you know if there were there any pre-'66 models in there?

Man, that would have been a score and a half! Do you know if there were there any pre-'66 models in there?

Would have to have been Restored or a Reissue, all the filters would be long dried up and old and the couplings would be leakier than the FBI.
I don't know with that mostly sounds like to me the Valves and output xformer. With SS was always trying to get rid of the kinda fake "Tststtt" transistory sound and you can't turn the highs up too much. Play with different Couplings and Especially filters, I swear there is some Sonic superior stuff with different filters.

Medium scale Fender Jazz bass I bought new from Fender Japan. Completely stock

1980's medium scale Fender P-Bass, modified with 1962 Fender re-issue pickup.

Medium scale means they are 32 frets instead of the standard 34 frets. They're easier to play than a standard bass, but are not tiny or 3/4 scale either. Most people don't recognize that they're just slightly smaller.

They both play smooth and sound great. They're much better quality than the musician who plays them. Sorry for the potato pics!

IMG_0684.JPG IMG_0694.JPG

Image 3.jpg

My Axes Original 1979 Dean V flame that I bought from the original owner in 1995,super light and sounds amazing………1984 Jackson Kelly special ordered and built at the San Dimas shop. I ordered this guitar back in the day and it sounds killer !!!

I use to work for Rickenbacker as a painter and Fender as a sander of all things back in the late 70's if memory serves me right but, never owned one.
In fact dealing with them on a regular basis made me sick of see'en them to tell ya the truth. Back before then I had a Barth, yeah I know, already heard all those jokes but, it was borrowed
and eventually I returned it. But, the one guitar I've always admired was the Gretsch, yeah another one I had no way of affording but, here's a photo of it anyway.
!Bwg9cVQB2k~$(KGrHqF,!jMEv1+0!cLyBMJSe-D+6g~~_3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom