Lets See All Them Axes

I have been so busy in the guitar buying department lately. This is my additions of the last 2 years. The Martins were bought 2 years ago and since Christmas I've added 4 electrics.

In the first pic a Martin D-28 Authentic 1941, A D-18 Authentic 1939, Wildwood thin skin 56 strat, Wildwood thin skin 512 tele.

40301910402_c5f8eb5e74_k.jpg

Second pic is a Wildwood Dealer select 10 Custom shop strat Journeyman relic

And last a Masterbuilt Fender custom shop Nocaster heavy relic.

Tell me about the Allen Old Flame head and cab combo.Sure looks Fenderish!

Allen amps take on a Fender Super. The cabinet is a 2X12. I've been through some great amps but I have to say this old flame is my favorite. Its the first amp I've ever owned that between the master volume and RAW knob I can get a great fat sounding tone right down to bedroom levels. I've owned the Dr Z Z brake, Tone King Iron man attenuator and several master volume amps and Allens amps are the best at great bedroom level tones. I also have an Allen Accomplice 1X12 combo.

How about Traynor Amps?I heard good things about them as well as Freidman amps.

Being Canadian I've played a number of Traynor amps and with the exception of 1 don't like them. The YBA-1 Bass master is a pretty sweet amp. It has that Fender Bassman vibe which is my favorite Fender sound. I almost bought one but elected to go with a 1965 Fender Bassman head and piggy back 2X12 cabinet.

Just how loud is thst Bassman?.One time at GC I plugged one in,and having always played solid state amps ,kept tuning the volume knob when I initially got no out put while the tubes warmed up.Boy was I embarrassed when the tubes kicked in and the Les Paul damned near shattered the windows!

First time I've heard of cedar being used for an electric, especially the neck.
Any idea what type of cedar? In comparison to other woods would you consider it as bright or mellow ?

First time I've heard of cedar being used for an electric, especially the neck.
Any idea what type of cedar? In comparison to other woods would you consider it as bright or mellow ?

It’s Spanish cedar. Hard to say what’s doing what tonally. It had a katalox board (similar to ebony) that’s pretty thick. It’s very resonant and kind of scooped sounding.

Back
Top Bottom