Lets See All Them Axes

The bridge on the offset is a Mastery piece (designed as a replacement for the Fender offset guitars). The semi-hollow has a black korina body and neck and flamed maple top, rosewood board, Bare Knuckle Mule pickups. The offset is semi-hollow with black korina body, white korina neck/ebony board and maple top. It was a prototype of a customer's guitar, seen below (yes, that is a mustache-shaped f-hole!)

Attachments

• Sidebyside.jpg
    Sidebyside.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 12
Here are some of my custom builds...
Manhattan1-e1499114419305.jpg

Manhattan4-e1499114553648.jpg

Monterey1-e1499114620884.jpg

Monterey3.jpg

WengeB1-e1499113838926.jpg

Nice work! :)

Great job all around! Have a site where I can see more? You do your own finishes too?
Thanks! My website is http://www.bluetoneguitars.com/ . I'm not building so much anymore, it was always a hobby that allowed me to sell a few, but still a loss leader! Regarding finishes, I've done a couple of guitar finishes, but when I moved from Chicago to NJ, I didn't want to go thru the trouble of setting up a booth, when there are people that specialize in that and can do a better job than me. So I outsource the finish work now and don't regret it!

I just bought this 1984 Peavey Foundation in dark natural finish. I believe this is factory, but I have yet to see another one just like it.

Next step is to get it set up. Truss rod nut is frozen and there is about .050" string stand-off in the middle of the neck.
I tried to adjust it, but didn't want to break anything so when it didn't budge, I figured I'd take it to a pro.

The low E tends to go flat about 1/8" step after playing for an hour or so. This may be the new Rotosound flats I put on it.
And the 5th and 7th frets are a bit sharp due to the neck being bowed.

Any advice or can anyone in the KC area recommend a good shop?

Fun to play this bass. I'm getting back into it after a 4 year break and my fingers sure are weak.
index.php

index.php

index.php

Man, you folks have some nice guitars!

Here's an interesting one that I just added to my not so expensive guitar collection.

Route 101 Rincon. I can't find a lot of info on it. The company was in Ventura California and made guitars in the late '90s the went out of business in '03 due to disagreements among the partners. That's really all I know.

It's really well made and plays beautifully. It has a sweet fat sound, a little thicker than most Fenders. It came with a matching hard case with the logo on it. A fun guitar for what I paid for it. :)

002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 004.JPG 008.JPG

Last edited:
Before, during and after.
This was a dumpster find that my sons guitar teacher (Shawn) gave to us. Maybe somebody was mad at Bob and Tom lol. I reshaped it into a Mustang shape.
Added Hand wound pickups and lots of controls, switches and coil taps. All the knobs, switches and buttons was part of a private joke with Shawn.
Unfortunately we lost Shawn several years ago, the guitar now has an engraved neck plate in his memory.

upload_2019-2-14_19-29-42.pngupload_2019-2-14_19-33-28.pngupload_2019-2-14_19-39-4.png

A5131EB6-0338-4304-ACFA-7A24126C151A.jpeg Just picked this one up. I’ve wanted one of these since I traded my Tele for a Les Paul.
It’s just an off-the-shelf Squier Affinity that the previous owner had excellently set up. No fret buzz, action just so, intonation checks out, sustains all day, holds a tuning, sounds like a Tele.
Had a gig Friday night that paid $115. I blew every cent on this guitar in a hard shell case with a fancy Fender strap.
Bam!

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 12.10.32 AM.png 1964 Fender Stratocaster

The inset photo on the bottom left of this picture shows a stamped code on the heel, the butt (the bottom) of the neck.

This code (2DEC64 B) indicates that:

2 = model code (Stratocaster)
DEC = month
64 = year (1964)
B = neck type/width? (A, B, or C)

I now play classical guitar exclusively, but here is a photo of my 7-string USA BC Rich Beast (back in my extreme metal days!):

fpdXoG5.jpg

and 2 custom GMW 7-string guitars:

ehzodg6.jpg

PTQWqkz.jpg

It's hard to see in that pic, but it has a Beast headstock.

All are long gone.

In case anyone is wondering about my amp rig, it was a Bogner Uberschall played through two metal-plated Mesa Rectifier cabs. The tone was tight, grinding, and brutal!

Back
Top Bottom