Lets See All Them Axes

Why did you Chuck the metal rig and go for a nylon string?
I played in rock/metal bands in high school, then got into classical music during college and dropped electric guitar for classical. Years later I got the urge to play metal again, and played some pretty extreme technical metal for another 11 years (also playing classical), then I got tired of it and was worried about my hearing. Even though I wore earplugs, I had tinnitus. Enough was enough! I had my fun--got to open for Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Vader, Immolation, and Cradle of Filth, just to name a few.

Yep, 1976. The binding is still tight, hasn't shrunk a bit and the guitar has a lot of snap to it's tone.

My close friend of 36 years offered to sell this 69 Tele to me some months back at a very attractive price.
I already have a hand full of vintage(59~ early Japanese Squire) Strats in my collection, and always wanted a Tele, and this one happened to have a factory Bixby/Fender vibrato system installed, so into my collection in went.
The chrome pick guard cover is in the cases storage compartment.

Sadly I`m unable to play guitar any more, due to physical limitations(no use of my left arm/hand), so I can`t say how well it physically plays, but my long time friend, who sold it to me, has been professionally(B&M & internet), & very financially successfully teaching all methods of guitar/bass for over 45 years, and I trust his knowledge(he has a large collection of vintage guitars) and sells one every so often to help fund his IRA, and always offers me a below market price, because he doesn`t have to deal with the concerns of shipping damage/theft/ buyer parts exchange scamming on gBay, etc, and since I won`t sell any of my collection he`s not concerned about me flipping the guitar.
IMG_1204.jpg IMG_1205.jpg IMG_1206.jpg

Super nice Tele Bill. One of my first guitars, late 60's but with a rosewood board back when they were just used guitars. Restring with the Bigsby is a bit more involved but I love them.

'78 P - came from a local School auction
'94 J MIM -purchased new
2018 Carl Thompson -purchased direct/single owner
'96 Warwick Fortress Masterman - purchased new. it's got a maple body with black stain, you cannot see the wood in this photo( accept where my thumb rested for 22 years)
2001 G&L L 2500 - purchased new
Family.jpeg

2018 CT
African Olive wood facings
Mahagony neck
Spanish Cedar center in the body
file9.jpeg

My 2001 Hot Rod Red American Series Strat meets the Hemi Challenger for the first time . . .

20190705-081127.jpg

These are my two newest jobbies.

First is a lowly Squiet Bullet Tele. I put in some great value Bootstrap Pretzel pickups which are their take on the Fender Twisted Tele set, a new Graphtech nut and some solid block saddles, did a basic fret level and setup.

Ridiculously nice for the $150-ish I have in it.

index.php

And this is a Fender partscaster using a 2006 MIM vintage-ish neck and an Agave blue body which is actually a touch more green than this looks. Again Bootstrap Golden Ale pickups which are vintage-flavored but with a hotter bridge, new electronics including a blender pot.

I think this is currently my second cheapest strat at the moment, thanks to the great deal my buddy gave me on some of the parts.

I will swap on a more vintage flavored neck with a rosewood fretboard but this is doing just fine for now.

index.php

Guess I should post up a picture of my guitars too. Newest one is the Ghost Fret which is a really sweet guitar for the money. The blue Jackson USA Select SL2H is my favorite. Bought it for $800 new because a few of the frets were lifting. $200 later, they were all replaced and perfect. Love it!

Attachments

• 20190717_164345.jpg
    20190717_164345.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 32
Guess I should post up a picture of my guitars too. Newest one is the Ghost Fret which is a really sweet guitar for the money. The blue Jackson USA Select SL2H is my favorite. Bought it for $800 new because a few of the frets were lifting. $200 later, they were all replaced and perfect. Love it!

Sure, but where are all of your metal guitars?

;)

I have a question if you don't mind. I notice the second guitar from the left (Jackson) has its neck pickup closer to the bridge than usual (24 fret neck?)
i was wondering how it sounds compared to a pickup in the standard neck position?
Also is the interplay between it and the bridge pickup any different than your standard setup?

The Internet sensation

The FireFly FF338
DSC08667.JPG DSC08665.JPG DSC08666.JPG

This Guitar has great reviews
Mine came with no noticeable flaws in the finish
Tuned right up and I started in with some Eddie Cochran

The coolest thing is the price
I bought the Wine Red one because I had just watched Freddy King on "The Beat"

$139 with free shipping. That's not a sale price, that is the MSRP

Oh yeah, it sells out in one week

https://www.amazon.com/s?bbn=11971391&rh=n:11091801,n:!11965861,n:11971241,n:11971381,n:11971391,p_n_availability:1248828011&qid=1563466071&ref=lp_11971391_nr_p_n_availability_1
Here is the link. You might have to select "Include out of stock" check box

Last edited:
I have a question if you don't mind. I notice the second guitar from the left (Jackson) has its neck pickup closer to the bridge than usual (24 fret neck?)
i was wondering how it sounds compared to a pickup in the standard neck position?
Also is the interplay between it and the bridge pickup any different than your standard setup?

That is my USA Select SL2H, my baby! It does have 24 frets so that pushes the pickup down a bit. I believe it's a Seymour Duncan 59 if I recall correctly (bridge is a JB). It has a really creamy and chimey sound but maybe just a tiny bit more "bite" to it than my 22 fret neck guitars. As for the bridge / neck interplay, it behaves like any other HH guitar with a 3 position switch as far as my ears, which are admittedly not the best, can tell.

The Internet sensation

The FireFly FF338
View attachment 1565714 View attachment 1565715 View attachment 1565716

This Guitar has great reviews
Mine came with no noticeable flaws in the finish
Tuned right up and I started in with some Eddiie Cochran

The coolest thing is the price
I bought the Wine Red one because I had just watched Freddy King on "The Beat"

$139 with free shipping. That's not a sale price, that is the MSRP

Oh yeah, it sells out in one week

Wow, that's a beautiful guitar for an insane price!!

Back
Top Bottom