Lets See All Them Axes

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Parnelly, Nov 16, 2008.

1. scbeerbarge

scbeerbarge AK Subscriber Subscriber

Jaguar I got a good deal on and thought it looked cool. Switches are a pain. Leo thought the Jag was going to take over the Strat...lol. In the link my buddy is playing not me. Audio starts sucking because the phone was dying. But it can play. I keep it around because it's a weird axe and fun to mess with. Japanese make a pretty good guitar. But shoddy wiring.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. scbeerbarge

scbeerbarge AK Subscriber Subscriber

Snow is always welcome here. The entire city pretty much shuts down. But in that pic it's just sun glare.

FOH Engineer and Eywadude like this.
  3. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

Ah, I see. I wasn't sure if that was the case. You can have ours anytime you want. We got a little over a foot yesterday and last night. lol

4. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Nice always liked that song!

5. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Here is me playing my Ibanez.

boza and James Hart like this.
  6. sinnerboy

sinnerboy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Here are some of my custom builds...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

guitarlvr, jdsalinger, boza and 2 others like this.

7. louisjames

louisjames The "real" Louis James Subscriber

Beautiful, just really sweet. Looks like they play like a dream too. I especially like the neck-through. Did you pull the vibrato and bridge off a Fender or one of the Japanese guitars (I had a 60's Yamaha with that type of setup)? What wood are you using on the "LP" semi-hollow?

8. sinnerboy

The bridge on the offset is a Mastery piece (designed as a replacement for the Fender offset guitars). The semi-hollow has a black korina body and neck and flamed maple top, rosewood board, Bare Knuckle Mule pickups. The offset is semi-hollow with black korina body, white korina neck/ebony board and maple top. It was a prototype of a customer's guitar, seen below (yes, that is a mustache-shaped f-hole!)

Attached Files:

9. louisjames

Great job all around! Have a site where I can see more? You do your own finishes too?

10. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

Nice work! :)

11. sinnerboy

Thanks! My website is http://www.bluetoneguitars.com/ . I'm not building so much anymore, it was always a hobby that allowed me to sell a few, but still a loss leader! Regarding finishes, I've done a couple of guitar finishes, but when I moved from Chicago to NJ, I didn't want to go thru the trouble of setting up a booth, when there are people that specialize in that and can do a better job than me. So I outsource the finish work now and don't regret it!

James Hart likes this.

12. louisjames

Really nice stuff. That Fillmore 2 is especially interesting with the body contours you've done. And yes, most of this is because it's a passion. I had a few pals back in the day who were into building but after calculating all the hours involved and the prices things were selling at, they also slowed down or changed over to doing repairs only. I'm actually sending my LP Gold Top off to Bad Mojo to have it refinished. Spoke to a number of refinisher's and decided to go with them based on his gallery and our email conversations. Although there are a number of good outfits to choose from.

13. jdsalinger

jdsalinger AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just bought this 1984 Peavey Foundation in dark natural finish. I believe this is factory, but I have yet to see another one just like it.

Next step is to get it set up. Truss rod nut is frozen and there is about .050" string stand-off in the middle of the neck.
    I tried to adjust it, but didn't want to break anything so when it didn't budge, I figured I'd take it to a pro.

The low E tends to go flat about 1/8" step after playing for an hour or so. This may be the new Rotosound flats I put on it.
    And the 5th and 7th frets are a bit sharp due to the neck being bowed.

Any advice or can anyone in the KC area recommend a good shop?

Fun to play this bass. I'm getting back into it after a 4 year break and my fingers sure are weak.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

guitarlvr, cratz2, boza and 1 other person like this.
  14. louisjames

If it were mine I'd take it to a pro. I made the mistake of trying to budge and then adjust the rod on one of my first guitars and it wasn't pretty. But you might be more handy than I was? Nice bass! Amazing all the great amps and instruments Peavey has designed and marketed. Good luck with building up your hand strength. Might take a while but you'll get there and having fun all the way.

jdsalinger likes this.
  15. kevinkeyser

kevinkeyser New Member

IMG_4321.jpg IMG_4323.jpg IMG_4319.jpg Hi Here is a guitar that I finished for a Christmas gift. The top is black walnut and the back of the body is mountain ash. Both woods are from the Adirondacks. The body is a Tele, but the neck is a Strat neck. It sounds great, but it is heavy. I did not pocket the body.

guitarlvr, cratz2, Bruins and 3 others like this.
  16. JohnMac

JohnMac Addicted Member

Man, you folks have some nice guitars!

Here's an interesting one that I just added to my not so expensive guitar collection.

Route 101 Rincon. I can't find a lot of info on it. The company was in Ventura California and made guitars in the late '90s the went out of business in '03 due to disagreements among the partners. That's really all I know.

It's really well made and plays beautifully. It has a sweet fat sound, a little thicker than most Fenders. It came with a matching hard case with the logo on it. A fun guitar for what I paid for it. :)

002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 004.JPG 008.JPG

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:47 AM

17. guitarlvr

guitarlvr Super Member

IMG_2473.JPG
    Here are some of my Nylon string guitars.

boza and louisjames like this.
  18. guitarlvr

guitarlvr Super Member

My God, those are beautiful ! great job just wow.

19. guitarlvr

guitarlvr Super Member

Here is a custom that Berry lipton built for me when he was at east coast sound with Ed roman.
    It has a solid Koa body Birds eye maple neck and all the electronics are from PRS as well the bridge. IMG_3076.JPG
    fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg IMG_3078.JPG fullsizeoutput_193.jpeg IMG_3080.JPG

boza and louisjames like this.
  20. kevinkeyser

kevinkeyser New Member

Very cool inlay. Thanks for sharing.

guitarlvr likes this.