Let's see and hear about your coolest 12" singles:

2016-11-13 10.23.55.jpg
The Clash - Rock the Casbah / Mustapha Dance
UK pressing

The cover's a little beat, but the record's in great shape. It's a 45rpm wide groove cut. This will shake up the dance floor.

I have a pair of WLP 12" singles from Aja. Deacon Blues and Josie in beautiful, thick, cardboard glossy covers. Both eight minute versions (give or take) and both same on A/B side. These are RL Masterdisk and sound superior to my MFSL Aja. I may never part with them. Besides being great they are about as rare as hen's teeth. I just wish it was Deacon Blues / Josie in A/B instead of two sides of same song. I could pass one along then........

They came to me in a pile of promos from a retired Atlantic exec and looked unplayed.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention these are 33 1/3

ZZ Top - Legs (Special Dance Mix) / LaGrange (Warner Bros. 9 20207-0 A), "$4.98", "Specially-Priced 2-Cut Maxi Single", 45rpm, original, was still sealed upon purchase last weekend!

Playing now....

Had a friend who had multiple boxes of 12" singles he had collected over the years. He was going to sell them as a lot on Craigslist for peanuts but he asked me if I could look through some of them and see if any of it had value. Most were common R&B, but in the midst of those was a small pressing Rap single by a guy named KOZ out of Massachusetts. I liked the cover so I put it in my pile to check..

I ran it through eBay completed bids with no luck. Then I tried Popsike and almost fell off the chair. I ended up selling it for him for $283.00 on eBay. My friend was more than happy. Here is the song on YouTube which also shows the cover. Cool cover and a very cool price.

Recently found a near-perfect 12" of 'Til Tuesday's Coming up Close for 25¢ at SA. Sounds fantastic.
Only wish the record company did something more interesting with the B-side instead of the exact same track; what a waste.

Man, I used to have loads of 12" singles back in the UK. They were super popular back in the day. I had lots of Def Leppard, Metallica, Cult, Iron Maiden.....

Probably the one that I was most proud of was a copy of She Sells Sanctuary - The Howling Mix, by The Cult. I found it in a dusty little record store somewhere in Shropshire on a family holiday :)

Man, I used to have loads of 12" singles back in the UK. They were super popular back in the day. I had lots of Def Leppard, Metallica, Cult, Iron Maiden.....

Probably the one that I was most proud of was a copy of She Sells Sanctuary - The Howling Mix, by The Cult. I found it in a dusty little record store somewhere in Shropshire on a family holiday :)
Anything Cult gets love from me.

Not a 12" single per se, but a 12" ep "sampler"--School of Fish~The Wrong Sampler--it has a total of 5 tracks, but is pressed on clear blue vinyl and the grooves are cut so that the record plays from the inside out--the start point is the middle and the dead wax is the outer perimeter of the record.

Back
Top Bottom