Let's see and hear about your coolest 12" singles:

Now playing on the KAB certified Technics Grandmaster:

The Smiths - William, it was really nothing / How soon is now? / Please please please let me get what I want (Rough Trade Records RTT 166), 45rpm!

My first real Smiths LP single.

"MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN"

Don't know how many years I've been looking for this one. Found in the wild in St. Catherine's Ontario on a weekend trip with the family. Plays very clean $5!
SO HAPPY!:banana::) B-Movie Nowhere girl2017-05-20 20.51.14.png

Last edited:
image.jpg image.jpg

A cherry in plastic 1968 original .....look into the reflection of the record and you can see me. No noise at all from a song you don't hear on the radio anymore. Back in the seventies you might hear this long version late at night sometime after midnight when you were really messed up with your closest friends. I've had this record three times and got it ripped off twice by some jerkweed. I went to the Cow Palce when I was thirteen with my big sis just to hear this song and I paid her way. This vinyl only gets played twice a year right after it's been cleaned and not before. For guys that actually grew up in the late sixties and went to high school in the early seventies this is one of the great songs, the other is Moody Blues-Knights of White Satin....

Now playing:

Duran Duran - The Reflex (the dance mix) / 7" version (Capitol Records SEAX - 12352)

Picture disc from 1984! 33.3 rpm. Came with a mylar outer sleeve w/flap. Mint. Inexpensive dirt mall purchase.

Last edited:
View attachment 934343 View attachment 934344

A cherry in plastic 1968 original .....look into the reflection of the record and you can see me. No noise at all from a song you don't hear on the radio anymore. Back in the seventies you might hear this long version late at night sometime after midnight when you were really messed up with your closest friends. I've had this record three times and got it ripped off twice by some jerkweed. I went to the Cow Palce when I was thirteen with my big sis just to hear this song and I paid her way. This vinyl only gets played twice a year right after it's been cleaned and not before. For guys that actually grew up in the late sixties and went to high school in the early seventies this is one of the great songs, the other is Moody Blues-Knights of White Satin....
IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN BABY = The true name of the song!

Big Mouth Strikes Again 12" by The Smiths

This is a release fro promo use only in Greece , as it says in greek diagonally on the left top. I bought it for one because I love the Smiths and two I'm Greek :)

Panic on this release sounds fantastic. The B side as some cool instrumentals that shows Johnny Marr's mastering of melodies and and his signature sound.

Found it at a long gone local record store Home Of the hits where on that same day I was talking to Michal Stipe from REM and didn't even recognize him with his mohair at the time hanging
down across his face. I only found out it was him because the clerk told me it was him. I was looking at a 10000 maniacs album and he said you'll love that album, Im friends with Natalie. I didn't think much of it at the time as the 10,000 maniacs were a local band( Jamestown NY, very close to Buffalo) and it could have been a local punker friend .

He was in town for a concert that night on the Green tour which of course I was going !!!!

well anyhow I bought this record along with the one he suggested :)

34770012176_1ddaf27027_h.jpg

34770012036_2bb23c4ffa_h.jpg

Athanasios

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
I wish, I had the discs you post though.
Nashou66, which Maniacs album was it? In My Tribe? The Wishing Chair?
Man Michael Stipe! I would have freaked if that happened to me.

Thanks guys!
I wish, I had the discs you post though.
Nashou66, which Maniacs album was it? In My Tribe? The Wishing Chair?
Man Michael Stipe! I would have freaked if that happened to me.

It was In my Tribe. Yeah I freaked out after I found out it was him. Had no clue either while I was talking to him !!!

Nashou

Back
Top Bottom