Let's See How You Use Your Pioneer Stuff!

Retro Stereo

Subscriber
Here is a picture of my living room that was taken today. I run a 6.1 channel surround system using six (3 mint pairs) Pioneer HPM 100 speakers. You can see three in the picture (two in the corners and one up on the entertainment center) and the other three are behind me. That is one of the heaviest center channel speakers ever made! :yes:

The HT receiver I use is an Onkyo TX-DS787 I bought over three years ago new. It kicks out an amazing 135 wpc into those six HPM 100s! When I really want to jam to some good music, I turn down the JBL powered 150 watt floor-firing subwoofer, and switch the receiver to "All Channel Stereo" and ALL SIX of those HPM 100s kick out wonderful music in SIX CHANNEL STEREO! :D The whole house just shakes!

When I want to just listen to some serious two-channel stereo music, up on the entertainment center, to the left of the HPM 100 center channel speaker, is a Pioneer Elite M-91 power amp (200 wpc into 8 ohms) and a Pioneer Elite stable platter PD-M90X CDP that is hooked directly into the amp! No preamp or any other interference, just pure CDP and Power! I have that system hooked up to a pair of freshly rebuilt Ohm 4 speakers (thanks JimBecky). The speakers are on casters and I roll them out to a sweet spot in the living room. In the picture, you'll notice that the M-91 (orange power bars) is pumping some sweet power into those Ohm 4s and I'm listening to them while typing right now.

Hey, that's just the living room, in the near future I'll get some pictures of some racked silver SPEC systems down in the family room I've put together over the years.

I showed you mine, now let's see yours!!! :yes:

Retro

Attachments

• Living Room 2005.jpg
    Living Room 2005.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 883
VintageNut said:
Might be a good thing if that paper was peeled off..... :D

Hey guys, no picking on the wallpaper!!! :nono:
That stuff is at least 50 years old! Vintage stereo equipment just goes with ancient wallpaper! I'm actually waiting to get rid of a couple of kids before I tackle renovating the whole inside of my house. I got a couple of years yet.
Who ever invented today's neutral colors, never did any LSD back in the sixties!!! :smoke:

Retro

I am using my Series-20 with PD-73 and Quadral Montan MX VI :yes:

m25pd739ha.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately my main system is restricted to the bedroom due to lack of space in my living room. If I can convince my life to let me rearrange the living room I believe I could make it fit.
silver900x675.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any Pioneer gear myself but I gotta chime in and say you guys have some gourgeous looking gear there! :thmbsp:

Wow! REALLY nice!

Russ

Siamac, you have the best toys!

Here is my humble Retro system. It's getting to be pretty good these days. Bear in mind that this is just an everyday kick around system for some tunes and not a high-end audiophile system.

Retro_System.jpg

Here's my humble setup. For surround movies its a VSX-9500S linked to my SPEC setup with all the trimmings. For serious two channel cranking the VSX is powered down while the SPEC warms up after that I feel sorry for the neighbors in this section!!! :yes:

Attachments

• MADSPECsetup.JPG
    MADSPECsetup.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 502
here's my jury rigged jalopy of a setup...actually it's even more jury rigged now.

I need a rack. bad.

anyways,
53072326.jpg

SX-3900 coming soon.

I TOLD YOU I have big speakers.

Last edited:
Trawlerman said:
Here is my humble Retro system. It's getting to be pretty good these days. Bear in mind that this is just an everyday kick around system for some tunes and not a high-end audiophile system.
Nice System. That is a clever idea to paint your CD-Player :thmbsp: (PD-S703 ?)

@madpioneer
Very nice set up :thmbsp:
But please for the next pic, we love to see you in Paul Stanley or Gene Seemons make up :D
Paulhatyellow.gif

http://www.kissnews.de

I was a Kiss-Fan too, but than there was ZZ-Top :guitar:

Last edited:
New Set-up in the home office

You guys make me jealous! I will never be able to compete.
Here is a stacked set of 2 HPM-100's, 4 HPM-60's and 2 HPM-40's.
The SX-3000 drives the the 40's and 1 pair of 60's.
The SX-980 drives the 100's and 1 pair of 60's.
I split the signal from the pre-amp of the SX-980 into both receivers.
Awesome full bodied, clear and bright!
Will probably re-arrange everything again tomorrow!

Attachments

• P1010162.JPG
    P1010162.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 503
  • P1010163.JPG
    P1010163.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 321
  • P1010164.JPG
    P1010164.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 218
  • P1010166.JPG
    P1010166.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 260
  • P1010167.JPG
    P1010167.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 433
OldSkool said:
You guys who are stacking, what are you guys putting between the cabinets to protect them?

When I did stack, and I don't any more (I use stands now), I just used a thin small sheet of cotton cloth. Worked like a charm, and nothing ever got dinged.

Retro

SPL db said:
WHAT??? It's not a Pioneer TV??? :D

Scott

My TV is also a Sony!
Sony does a few things well and I'm willing to give them that, TVs, CDPs, SACDs, and DVDs, but Pioneer rules at everything else! :yes:

Retro

Back
Top Bottom