Let's see those LP stashes/storage spaces

The shelves on this lowboy/credenza/bookshelf, that I salvaged from my wife's place of employment, were about 1/4" too short to fit my records. So I disassembled it and my Father-In-Law put it back together so that they would fit. The only problem is that I can't fit anymore records on it.

IMG_1698 by leray1, on Flickr

Beautiful wood. I have just acquired a vintage Pioneer SX-1000tw Receiver in mint condition with vintage Pioneer CS-a700's that would match that record cabinet just dandy. It wold be a match made in heaven.

Here's my tiny collection. About half of it was acquired from my brothers, including rock and pop from the 70's, 80's and early 90's. The rest is what I've purchased over the past 5 years or so, including 80's thru current electronic, pop and rock. Also bought some classic blues and jazz dating as far back as 1959 to mid 80's. It's not much, but it's mine and it's slowly growing.

p1324425393-5.jpg

Here's my tiny collection. About half of it was acquired from my brothers, including rock and pop from the 70's, 80's and early 90's. The rest is what I've purchased over the past 5 years or so, including 80's thru current electronic, pop and rock. Also bought some classic blues and jazz dating as far back as 1959 to mid 80's. It's not much, but it's mine and it's slowly growing.

p1324425393-5.jpg

Just don't let it get out of hand like I did. Not to long ago I just had some baskets of records on the floor, now all my furniture is gone.

It starts here:

and here:

and some will end up here (these are most of the A's and B's so far):

The C's are mostly done but I haven't hauled them up yet. I didn't realize just how many White Albums I had until I sorted them - 20. lol

There ain't no downstairs - not unless you call the garage downstairs. And I don't forsee any classical gettin hauled up to the upstairs.

Then I have to go through and get rid of the ones I'm not going to keep. I need to get them out of the garage and onto shelves for now so I can get the rest of my shit out of storage, or at least try. I have so much shit it isn't funny. It was a one time, but it's starting to wear my ass out!!

Then I have to go through and get rid of the ones I'm not going to keep. I need to get them out of the garage and onto shelves for now so I can get the rest of my shit out of storage, or at least try. I have so much shit it isn't funny. It was a one time, but it's starting to wear my ass out!!

Oh I totaly understand that, I'm the same way and it kills you if you have to move. It's always easy draging shit home bit by bit but man when you really got to move everything it sucks. Everytime I come up the front walk with a big box of records , I think about moving again some day. You shoul see my collection of car/engine parts and fully built big block engines, tools and all related big heavy stuff. You can't even pay a mover to do it for you.

I've got my 5 X 5 Expedit almost filled up, but I'm seriously considering thinning about a quarter of them out. There's a good chance I won't listen to those maybe once before I'm gone, and those odds don't warrant the space they take up. Same goes for a lot of my gear, my clothes, car and motorcycle parts, toys, memorabilia from long ago, etc. So many yesterdays but so few tomorrows for my old tired ass.

Fast approaching 400. Need to fab another storage unit.

I have to fab one of these. Picking out albums from my cabinet is a genuine PITA. I use my Grandfather's Teak Record Cabinet from the 50's. Gorgeous, but, you have to bend low or kneel and look at the edges of the albums. It's your typical LP storage with only the album edges showing, but doesn't work for me. I need to FLIP THROUGH the albums, FACE FRONT, like I was in a record store.

IMO, it's the ONLY way to STORE.

Thanks for the post. Wheels are in motion.

It starts here:

and here:

and some will end up here (these are most of the A's and B's so far):

The C's are mostly done but I haven't hauled them up yet. I didn't realize just how many White Albums I had until I sorted them - 20. lol

This is what my storage unit looks like, probably the closest I have seen to my collection on this board (in quantity). I also have about 3000 records here at the house + nutop's collection, at least 7000 at my Sister's up in NY, another 1500 or so at my daughter's in NY

My record storage has changed a lot in over a year, and did a major revamp about 4 months ago. I see my photos didn't handle the format change and will post new shots tonight if I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom