Lets see your Basements

No system in the basement during the summer. I move it to the garage. I do have a system in the living room, master bedroom, and two in the family room, along with a home theater system. Here are a couple of fisheye shots of the family room (or, what my wife calls the "mancave") where my main system resides. For the room shot, I was standing next to the sliding glass doors that exit to the patio.

CSN_3284_mancave.jpg

CSN_3290_main system.jpg

Last edited:
Those are basements? Wow I know a lot of people who's main floor doesn't look as nice. I've always looked at basements as utility rooms for storage and furnaces. Also great places for the kids to get away from the grown ups.

I don't know about you, but that Owens Corning basement system as a music listening room is just sublime. I find there are no funky reflections and I really hear the music in a more natural way. My upstairs system is really nice but the room injects itself into the mix...not so with the insulated walls and carpeted floors.:thumbsup:

After viewing the first page, I realize I should of never looked at this thread.:bowdown:

Nice KEF's. Are they Q700 or Q900's?
I have Q500 and think they are awesome.

They are Q700s. They were replacements for my beloved Bozak B300s my wife insisted must go after a quasi basement renovation. I have a pair of Q300s upstairs in a smaller system also.

I got them off CL, new, for $700. A distributor in the area shipped them in the wrong finish to a client and there were a couple of dings to the aluminum drivers when they were returned to him; auditioned them, saw the minor damage (none to the cabinets nor packing boxes) and got a huge discount off of the MSRP of $1500 for the pair.

I was really wanting a vintage pair of speakers (Altecs, Klipsch, JBLs) after loving the Bozaks, but couldn't pass the up KEFs at that price; they're pretty incredible.

I don't know about you, but that Owens Corning basement system as a music listening room is just sublime. I find there are no funky reflections and I really hear the music in a more natural way. My upstairs system is really nice but the room injects itself into the mix...not so with the insulated walls and carpeted floors.:thumbsup:

Agreed... your "natural" description of the sonics are very accurate.

We were lucky enough to have the Owens Corning system in place when we bought the house and I'm very pleased with the way the basement system has turned out.

Mine's a bit more industrial ... here's the workshop, and the rest is storage and utilities.

workbench-002.jpg

IMG_20170203_112741.jpg IMG_20170723_160116.jpg IMG_20170723_160243.jpg
Just a precautionary note, what can happen in minutes, even with a backwater valve. First pic is before. Second, the former audio/bar room. Third, is the former pool room. After two sewer backups within month. Carpet, drywall, trim, doors gone. Audio and most contents saved. Moved out between floods. No floorstander speakers that would have been toast.

Last edited:
View attachment 981128 View attachment 981123 View attachment 981125
Just a precautionary note, what can happen in minutes, even with a backwater valve. First pic is before. Second, the former audio/bar room. Third, is the former pool room. After two sewer backups within month. Carpet, drywall, trim, doors gone. Audio and most contents saved. Moved out between floods. No floorstander speakers that would have been toast.
Sorry to hear. Best of luck on the re-build.

Mine's a bit more industrial ... here's the workshop, and the rest is storage and utilities.

workbench-002.jpg

That's my kind of basement! Putter space delight!

Ya got some nice looking components on that there metal shelvin' too, ya do! :)

Back
Top Bottom