Let's see your cans!

Here is one of my three listening spots. Grado HPA with my SR125's. A fully custom Belles Class A HPA works great with my Creatives, and a Stellar Labs Amp to drive my old pair of Stax. (In for repair)
Headphones II.jpg

My newest addition to my headphone collection...SennGrado

IMG_5463.jpg

Just picked these up today at the post office , Grado PS500s , brand new so not broke in but lovin' them !

Attachments

• grado PS500.JPG
    grado PS500.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 35
JVC Gumy Plus with homefab foam tips, lol. Sorry 'bout the crappy photo quality, used a cheap Android tablet to take the photo.

IMG_20160709_0229041_zpsptzfwotd.jpg

Philips Fidelio X1. They sound sweet and are very comfortable, especially for the price (I got mine for $180).

20160715_175457.jpg

image.jpeg
My new AKG K702s that came this morning. :banana: I've got my Little Dot HP amp set up again. Oh, I just love these cans! The cups are huge and it doesn't matter that my ears stick out like taxi doors, they still leave a gap all round them, and the pads are deep so my ears don't touch the inner part. Y'know that 'rediscover your music collection' feeling? Well that's how good they are.:biggrin:

View attachment 770617
My new AKG K702s that came this morning. :banana: I've got my Little Dot HP amp set up again. Oh, I just love these cans! The cups are huge and it doesn't matter that my ears stick out like taxi doors, they still leave a gap all round them, and the pads are deep so my ears don't touch the inner part. Y'know that 'rediscover your music collection' feeling? Well that's how good they are.:biggrin:
I just got my K701's back from the repair shop. Virtually the same headphone minus the removable XLR cable. These headphones are honest, there's no better reference for the money. Give them some burn in, allow your ears/brain to get used to them if need be, and enjoy!

I got these Pioneer SE-305 a few months ago.I bid last 4/5 seconds and got them for $18 and free shipping. These have a nice padded head band w/ leather padded ear cups. I was going for the nostalgic look trying to get my old Super-X made in Yonkers in the mid '70s. I then remembered they felt like 2 milk crates on your head and because the cups wereIMG_3891[1].jpg made out of pliable rubber which made you sweat so bad they offered cloth ear protectors..

Attachments

• IMG_3892[1].jpg
    IMG_3892[1].jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 5
Recently acquired some Marshmallows, which I highly recommend for ultra-budget canalphones, and I showcased them with the Gumys with the small Marshmallow tips installed, while the Marshmallows have the bigger tips installed.

IMG_20160829_0314331_zpsjjler9da.jpg

image.jpeg

Collection of cheap in ears currently in rotation. From left:

VE Monk+: the famous earbuds from China with an excellent sound signature. $4.99 on Aliexpress and Massdrop.

Meelec M9P Massdrop Blue Box: Metal enclosures. Enjoyable sound. Great cheap beater.

Meelec M-Duo: Dual-dynamic driver IEM. Very clear sound for the money. Variably boomy bass depending on fit, seal and type of tip. Comply T400 Comfort foams installed.

KZ ATE: Kust got these today. $15 IEMs with a lot of attention to detail for the price. A housing that easily twists into your ears, cable weights designed to hold the cable around the back of your ears. Boosted bass without the boosted highs of a smiley faces EQ. I want more time with these however I also have to try out my new velour pads for my K240 Monitor tonight.

Also pictured: my battery powered Headroom Total Airhead portable headphone amp from the early 2000s w/ cross feed processor built in.

Back
Top Bottom