Let's see your Fisher gear!

My pride and joy.
800c.jpg

hell,

I'm in, finally !!!!!

Left sellers condo 2 1/2 hours ago, not a steal but has potential. Never serviced all the same tubes it left Korvette's with... I have 3 of the 4 missing knob covers loose...

Last edited:
My garage sale find a few years back:
attachment.php

And this came with it:
attachment.php

I later stole the power switch knob off the multiplex stereo decoder to use for the missing tuning knob on the receiver.

And I modified the AM radio detector for better linearity:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Heres my Baby. Rebuilt the B+ power supply and now I order the rest of the small caps, then I can move to knob brights and sliders...Next is to get in there and fix the am and stereo fm.

t0709c.jpg

2s611k6.jpg

Last edited:
My model 200s
Still in the "gathering" phase for the restoration (only want to do it once)
Should sound OK...
WOT
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

One thing I love, after seeing all of this, is how Fisher maintained a very distinct look, and stayed with it throughout their product lines. There's no doubt any of these units are Fisher, even the amps w/cages somehow fit in with the purple and gold. Simple, classic mid-century design. THE Fisher.

I wonder where that would be today if they were not sold off. I mean they were right up there with McIntosh as far as quality and following, and many sets were owned by celebrities and Kings. But at this point, they are considered low-tech garbage. A pure shame after looking at all these beauties. John

Well, not "right up there with McIntosh" even then in terms of reputation ("snob appeal", if you will)... but still well-respected in the 1950s and 1960s. On the bright side, Avery Fisher does have a world-class music hall named after him.

WOT, interesting the way Fisher wired the transformers on your 200's.
In what way? You mean the half-hitch wire looms?
Or the multiple solder lugs (which numerous transformer companies employed)

Last edited:
I only have 2 fisher "garage sale" finds. A console and a 400 which are both recapped. I finally found a nice cabinet for the 400...

Attachments

• Fisher400face.jpg
    Fisher400face.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 136
  • fisher400.jpg
    fisher400.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 109
  • fisherconsole.jpg
    fisherconsole.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 124
  • fisherconsolerear.jpg
    fisherconsolerear.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 103
My Fisher FM-100b

Totally restored with all new tubes and I dressed her up with a custom cabinet from an AK member. I am the 2nd owner (got it free from my father in-law). :D

Definitely a keeper.

042308006-1.jpg

Yank

Well, not "right up there with McIntosh" even then in terms of reputation ("snob appeal", if you will)... but still well-respected in the 1950s and 1960s. On the bright side, Avery Fisher does have a world-class music hall named after him.

OK, perhaps not quite on the same rung, but up there. Now they are not even on the ladder. But yes, selling the company did help him make other great contributions to music. Besides Avery Fisher Hall, he also donated a Stradivarius to Julliard school of music. Cool guy.

Here is my X-101-B, 400, TA-600, FM-50-B and 500C which is not yet restored. I made the cabinets for the X-101-B, TA-600 and FM-50-B. The pictures don't look that great and I have a few extras in the pictures.:scratch2: My camera is acting up:thumbsdn: and couldn't retake the pics this evening.

Attachments

• 100_0937 .gif
    100_0937 .gif
    101.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_0938 .gif
    100_0938 .gif
    102.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_0939 .gif
    100_0939 .gif
    102 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_0940.gif
    100_0940.gif