Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

The JVC L-E22, the smallest linear tracking turntable in the 1983 lineup. Still working.

JVC%252520L-E22%252520%25252809%252529.jpg

I was always intrigued by linear tracking TT's.

Guess you like it!

Glenn

Wanted to comment on your Museum, it's great and it's nice to see some Eighties stuff showcased. I'm going back and scope it out some more. :thmbsp:

Google "JVCgraz" if you want to see an amazing JVC collection.

Very nice! What are the speakers in the kitchen?The S-81 looks brand new!

Glenn

The kitchen speakers are Telefunken Hi-Fi Klangbox RB-70's from the late 60's, They're a 2 way with an 8" woofer with a 4x6"? tweeter, They sound much better than I expected them too, and the wood grills are easy to keep clean. Well worth picking up if you ever see a set. The S-81 is in very nice shape and looks like it's been covered it's entire life and was dust free when I opened it up. Both saved from the scrap pile.

P6160173.jpg~original

The kitchen speakers are Telefunken Hi-Fi Klangbox RB-70's from the late 60's, They're a 2 way with an 8" woofer with a 4x6"? tweeter, They sound much better than I expected them too, and the wood grills are easy to keep clean. Well worth picking up if you ever see a set. The S-81 is in very nice shape and looks like it's been covered it's entire life and was dust free when I opened it up. Both saved from the scrap pile.

P6160173.jpg~original

That S-81 looks nice and I would suspect fairly rare. First time I've see one.
Thanks for posting the pics!

Glenn

As you can tell these are pictures from the net. I am at work at the moment. The R-K22 I use as an amp only. The KD-V400 is a very nice auto reverse deck with a nice big multi color spectrum analyzer/EQ display. I just need a JVC R-X300 to go with it.

Last edited:
hey ive got the TX-6 tuner as well,picked it up as I was strolling thru goodwill and I noticed the wood side panels reminiscent of the Pioneer elite/Sony ES gear.Quite like it as well but haven't used it in my systems since turning to tube tuners..
hunter

hey ive got the TX-6 tuner as well,picked it up as I was strolling thru goodwill and I noticed the wood side panels reminiscent of the Pioneer elite/Sony ES gear.Quite like it as well but haven't used it in my systems since turning to tube tuners..
hunter

The T-X6 tuner is very good. I got mine from the bay, in near prefect condition. Just need to replace the bulb behind the station memory panel. Mine also has the wood cheeks.

Glen ,any idea what those tuners were worth brand new.?
It compares favorably to my Nakamichi st-7 tuner soundwise.It must of been near totl from JVC in the day
hunter

Here's my JVC AX-Z1010TN integrated amp that I bought in the spring (apologies for poor photo):

21866766190_7ddf849e27_b_d.jpg

This is a stunning amp with digital material in particular. I've been told that analogue performance may be similar to the A-X9, but I've never tried the latter to confirm it.

Regards,
Nick

^That's one JVC I am always on the lookout for. Unfortunately I passed a couple of those up before my view of JVC gear changed. ;)

Here's my JVC AX-Z1010TN integrated amp that I bought in the spring (apologies for poor photo):

This is a stunning amp with digital material in particular. I've been told that analogue performance may be similar to the A-X9, but I've never tried the latter to confirm it.

Regards,
Nick
this is one amp thats on my radar. Every time I have seen one come up the asking price is too high for me to consider it. One day

Glen ,any idea what those tuners were worth brand new.?
It compares favorably to my Nakamichi st-7 tuner soundwise.It must of been near totl from JVC in the day
hunter

No idea regarding price, but it was the TOTL tuner the year it was made, I think 1980.

Regards,
Nick

Hi Nick,

I love those amps! I was always puzzled why no bass tone control though.
The A-X9 amp is a stunning amp as well. Incredibly natural sounding. The A-X9, 7, and 5 are terrific. The A-X4-1 more common, but still very nice gear.

There's been a 1010 NIB listed on fleabay in Canada for a long time now. If I had the extra grand I'd buy it!

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom