Nice big tight bass
Produce alot of bass but don't move
Very tight , stable and clear
Love a second set

The horn and midrange balances nicely
With the woofer
Of course diven by a jvc quad amp
Got 8 jvc speakers going a once
Some day I may try these out if any come my way.
Thanks for the description!
Cheers!

Well worth it
I was after the ones with the big midrange horn
Don't come up for sale much

Still an intermediate in the vintage audio game and was very unsure of jvc. I mean I grew up in the 90s... it seemed like every POC electronic was made by jvc.

My first JVC purchase was my JR-S201. It was a great receiver with an awesomely different look to it. I donated it to my brother with some polk monitors so he could enjoy his bedroom a little more. I wasn't entirely blown away by the performance though.

Well. My view has definitely changed since picking up my JA-S77 and JT-V22. Super solid and beautiful pieces of equipment. Playing through my DLK 1 1/2. I'm in audio heaven. Playing vinyl through this amp has breathed new air into my entire collection.

I'm a JVC fan boy for sure now.

Beautiful! I believe 1977 vintage. Looks nearly mint! These were obviously taken care of.

That's gorgeous, and being the original owner, even better!
What cart you have on it?

Glenn
Thanks. In that picture I have an AT 8008 mounted. I still have the original MC cartridge that came with it on the straight arm, the MC-200E with a new DT200E stylus from LP Gear. At the moment I have an AT-150 MLX mounted on the S-Arm and it sounds great!

My stuff...
image.jpg

Don't mind that tascam on the bottom. Not sure what it is about JVC. I always liked how in the 1970s and 1980s they took risks by designing their amps different from the status quo. no knobs, the SEA equilizer, etc.

In fact here is the newest member of the stack:
image.jpg

Hello pulled my JVC RX 707 that I bought brand new out after my vintage sanui 7000 lost a channel.:( I had sold this to a friend for 50 dollars and then bought it back. Never touched any of the buttons and used the remote only so they look brand new. Have it paired with a technics 1210 m5g turntable and Jvc xl-152 CD players do restored advent 1 speakers. Sounds great. There was an ax-z1010 in my area last year for 250. I kept looking at it. Not sure why I didn't buy it since I wanted one really bad. A guy on eekbay has brand new ones for 1400. They were 800 last year. Maybe someday.

View attachment 712345 View attachment 712346

Well I finally was able to to purchase a Xl-Z1010 for my Jvc reciever. It did not have the remote with it but my remote for the reciever can control it. I will try to find one eventually. I am using a audio quest cinimon Rca and it sounds really good on the vintage advents. My first impressions is the CD player seemed a bit bright. Kind of tamed it down with the equalizer. Think I got it for the most part. It's also heavier than I thought it would be. I also have never seen a tray that deep or study. Makes me wonder why higher end CD players don't use something similar. I remember seeing these in the Crutchfield catalogs for 6 or 700 dollars and that was just a dream for me back then. Who knew 27 years later I would get one. It had some staining on the metal faceplate but with a little stainless cleaner it shined right up. It does have a dent on the top cover.

image.jpeg

Well I finally was able to to purchase a Xl-Z1010 for my Jvc reciever. It did not have the remote with it but my remote for the reciever can control it. I will try to find one eventually. I am using a audio quest cinimon Rca and it sounds really good on the vintage advents. My first impressions is the CD player seemed a bit bright. Kind of tamed it down with the equalizer. Think I got it for the most part. It's also heavier than I thought it would be. I also have never seen a tray that deep or study. Makes me wonder why higher end CD players don't use something similar. I remember seeing these in the Crutchfield catalogs for 6 or 700 dollars and that was just a dream for me back then. Who knew 27 years later I would get one. It had some staining on the metal faceplate but with a little stainless cleaner it shined right up. It does have a dent on the top cover.

View attachment 749606
Beautiful pieces! I always liked the design of this series.

its nice to see that even up in to the early 90s JVC still had the guts to make something so different in terms of design compared to the competition. not one knob on that system, and it blew away the competition in terms of what it can do and its features. it was around that time all of the receivers really started looking the same.

View attachment 749606

Looks great. That CD player still looks modern 25 years later. I love that series of JVC.

View attachment 749606
I have a rx-307 from this series. 80w per, very warm sound. It plays very nicely with 4 imperial 6's @ 40w per.

When I was first learning about audio gear, a friend taught me (among other things) about shopping for gear.

He had a cassette deck that was retailed at $1000.00 (early 1980's money.) That was, according to the experts comparing it to other $1000.00 cassette decks.

But at the sub $300.00 he paid for a close out, it blew the doors off anything in it's price range.

It was good enough.

I have a rx-307 from this series. 80w per, very warm sound. It plays very nicely with 4 imperial 6's @ 40w per.
Nice receiver! These are real bargains, under the radar, with exceptional sound and build quality!

Back
Top Bottom