Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

I'll add some pics of my JVC A-X30 that I picked up from the local dump for $10. The chord was cut, so I fitted a new one and powered up on my DBT. This thing still works and sounds great on headphones - speaker outs still to test. The volume knob is loose so that will need tightening and the only actual issue found so far is a scratchy balance slider - not bad for unit from 1981 !! The LED meters all work, tone / loudness all good, so it looks like this will be a fairly quick and mainly cosmetic resto. Cool !

Well I finally was able to to purchase a Xl-Z1010 for my Jvc reciever. It did not have the remote with it but my remote for the reciever can control it. I will try to find one eventually. I am using a audio quest cinimon Rca and it sounds really good on the vintage advents. My first impressions is the CD player seemed a bit bright. Kind of tamed it down with the equalizer. Think I got it for the most part. It's also heavier than I thought it would be. I also have never seen a tray that deep or study. Makes me wonder why higher end CD players don't use something similar. I remember seeing these in the Crutchfield catalogs for 6 or 700 dollars and that was just a dream for me back then. Who knew 27 years later I would get one. It had some staining on the metal faceplate but with a little stainless cleaner it shined right up. It does have a dent on the top cover.

View attachment 749606

I just scored these yesterday and I couldn't be happier!!!
JVC AX-Z1010 integrated amp
JVC FX-1010 tuner
JVC XL-Z1010 cd player
JVC TD-V1010 Cassette deck
Vandersteen 2Ci on stands!!!20170509_150353.jpg image-20170508_181106.jpg image-20170508_183624.jpg image-20170508_183704.jpg image-20170508_183820.jpg image-20170508_183855.jpg

Back in 2015 I exhibited at a UK audio show. Its like a trade show but instead of companies and dealers, it's audio enthusiasts bringing systems to the large hotel venue and playing them to other enthusiasts. That year I took along a mostly JVC system - A-X4 amplifier, T-X6 tuner and the mighty DD-9 cassette deck.
We also had a Rega Planar 25 on hand for vinyl and the loudspeakers were my own design based around the AR4xa.
Playing BASF pure chrome tapes via the DD-9 without any Dolby went down a treat. The DD-9 is inherently clean and quiet with rock solid pitch.

Also have the KD-A77, KD-A33, RS-33L, TX-5 and SEA-80 in the collection.

Here are some pics:

25822488412_fd11692486_o by Rob Holt, on Flickr

DSCF6891_1280px by Rob Holt, on Flickr

IMG_2396 by Rob Holt, on Flickr

....and the DIY speaker design which I published the year before for anyone interested in a self build vintage style monitor with a modern twist:

speaker front by Rob Holt, on Flickr
Beautiful system and very cool that you demo systems in rooms in a venue like that!
I have the same tuner end to replace the light that illuminates the preset stations.

JVC JA S41 in wood cabinet, Rosewood maybe? I think I'm going to rebuild this one.

5vv7zrd.jpg
Stunning! Maybe rosewood, but I'm guessing Walnut.

Nice! I've been waiting to find a busted 4vn or mca-v9 to work on. I had a great time fixing up a v7, its kind of quirky quad implementation but I like it... The 4vr's are probably nicer but I like this generation design a lot.

4vn looks really nice, better layout and execution than the mca-v7 at least- harness layup is a lot better. Looks like it has '458's inside also. Do you have any comments on the SFC implementation (or whatever the 4vn uses to synth the rear channels from stero input eg is it a more matrix circuit or a 1st gen subtract-and-invert design)?

I posted this on the speakers board, but I may be more likely to get a reply from JVC aficionados.

Saw a pair of JVC SX-F50's just now at the thrift store. Nice looking cabinets and overall build quality. Gold wire connectors on the back. Can't find anything on the 'Net about them besides some YouTube videos in a foreign language. Looks like they may be a European model. $_86.JPG Any of you know anything about them?

I stole this picture from Google

My stuff...
View attachment 737321

Don't mind that tascam on the bottom. Not sure what it is about JVC. I always liked how in the 1970s and 1980s they took risks by designing their amps different from the status quo. no knobs, the SEA equilizer, etc.

In fact here is the newest member of the stack:
View attachment 737323

When I bought my first receiver, a 20W Pioneer, the store had these very modern looking JVC with the SEA equalizer and I really wanted one. I've had a chance to buy one but I already have so many recievers. I still love it.

I posted this on the speakers board, but I may be more likely to get a reply from JVC aficionados.

Saw a pair of JVC SX-F50's just now at the thrift store. Nice looking cabinets and overall build quality. Gold wire connectors on the back. Can't find anything on the 'Net about them besides some YouTube videos in a foreign language. Looks like they may be a European model. View attachment 947442 Any of you know anything about them?

I stole this picture from Google

Those look nice!

Back
Top Bottom