Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

Well, not exactly 'great', but my little A-X30 sounds so good I just had to contribute to this thread ! I've pulled the DC down to 6 Mv each side and it is sounding fine. Only 40 WPC but it's really clean and crisp - I was getting distortion in one channel but now the DC is low it seems to have gone. Here's a nudie - needs a good clean still....

IMG_20170628_103537.jpg IMG_20170628_103549.jpg IMG_20170628_103603.jpg

My guess is that is very similar to the amp section of the R-X40 receiver. It got rave reviews back in '82. I have one and it sounds great. Cranks really loud and clear with a set of Boston Acoustics A-40s.

My guess is that is very similar to the amp section of the R-X40 receiver. It got rave reviews back in '82. I have one and it sounds great. Cranks really loud and clear with a set of Boston Acoustics A-40s.

Yeah I'm running this A-X30 with a pair of Infinity RS 6001's and it drives them no problem. I found out the source of the left channel distortion was actually a dirty tape monitor switch, nothing to do with the DC offset / bias. I worked the switch thoroughly and the channel has cleaned up nicely.

Can't remember if I've posted this before, if I did: sorry! (and probably Korsakov). 711 cassettedeck, 555 cCD-player, 711 amp, 505 DAT-recorder and 1100 tuner. Most gear is sold in the meantime.

JVC.jpg

A-X5. My first piece of gear I could actually just turn a couple potentiometers to get DC offset dialed down to <1mV per channel (why cant it be this simple for all amps?). Sounds real nice. Also have a jvc ??-333 cd player and single well cassette deck.View attachment 957992
Sweet amp! This series are outstanding! I see yours has the often missing door too!

Ive got the bass on the NEC A-710 integrated turned all the way up (+5, so Im guessing +5 dB at their selected frequency) and have been switching bw A, B and A+ B speaker settings. I really am impressed with the sound of these! I can turn the volume knob to a max position of 9:00 before they start to clip. While it would be nice if it went a little louder, I think I can improve things by adding a self-powered sub and turning the bass down.

// the A-X5 has the door, it was just down(want to rig something up to help hold it shut better). It even came with the owners manual but I left it there lol. Yeah I really like the sound of the A-X5. Would love to hear a A-X5 or A-X7 since I wish my A-X5 had just a bit more power.

/// added a cheapy-from-the-thrift Aiwa TS-45 powered sub to the mix and that definitely helped out. Enjoying it for sure and getting my money’s worth out of all the speaker outputs. Speaker A is doing double duty for the sub portion of the jvc as well as feeding the Aiwa.
Go back and get that original owners manual!
My door doesn't stay all the way closed either. This puts out 70wpc, so in most cases should be more than enough power. The A-X9 though is superb, if you can find one! An A-X7 just sold on fleabay last week fo around 80 bucks. I was very tempted to bid on it as they are also very rare and I couldn't believe how low it sold for. Someone got a great amp at a stole it price!

That is some fantastic gear!!
Thanks V!

Took three years to get these repaired and cabinets restored, and well worth it! These pieces are outstanding and rare. The sound is phenomenal as well as the power. More than I will ever need. The M-7050 is speced at 150 wpc by JVC, but on my techs bench, it pushed 210 wpc. If you ever get the opportunity to get these, don't hesitate!

Cheers!
Glenn

I must say I really like the look/styling/layout of the front panel of JVC gear. It has its own look. Those pieces look fantastic GD!!!
Thank you ilusndweller! These were a labor of love and I'm in complete agreement regarding their asthetics. To me, timeless design!

I'm secretly a fanboy of JVC. I don't currently have any gear that belongs in this thread, but I'll post a picture of my headphones, the JVC HA-DX2000:

IMG_20161227_223259.jpg

And the less rare JVC HP-DX1000 (that I no longer have):

20150818_082304.jpg

I see some high end gear in your signature GD, I was wondering what your preferred setup is? Don't say JVC just because it's JVC thread.. lol

Those are very cool and I've been intrigued by those for a while. They are not cheap!
How do they sound?

Luscious. Amazing sub-bass extension and impact, very good midrange, smooth highs. The wood comes through in reflections on some music, which is either great or not so great depending on the type of music.

Last edited:
I see some high end gear in your signature GD, I was wondering what your preferred setup is? Don't say JVC just because it's JVC thread.. lol
The amps go without saying. As far as sound, I go back and forth between the ADS 910's, L980's, and the Angelicas. The Technics TT I just bought also improved my vinyl listening experience in a big way over the SL-1900 I had been using.
I have been really enjoying the McIntosh C34 integrated though, but overall I still prefer the P-L10, just a bit cleaner in the highs to my ears. They all are great sounding so it's really hard to say which is best.

Back
Top Bottom