Let's see your tuners!

We've seen receivers, speakers, turntables and even ugly grill cloth. Time to show your tuners. :D

Marantz 125
125.jpg

Yamaha CT-810
CT-810.jpg

Pioneer TX-9100
TX-9100.jpg

Sansui TU-555
TU-555.jpg

Sansui TU-S9
TU-S9.jpg

I was thinking about getting something with just a little bit more features than the CT 600 that I now have. Then all of the sudden the CT 1010 unit appeared at an incredible price on the Internet. I contacted the sellar. It all happened so fast. I fell in love with the nudie.

DK

Attachments

• CA1010nudie.jpg
    CA1010nudie.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 183
No, I saw that one. It literally went up 5 minutes after I made this deal with a gentleman in Halifax through Kijiji. This unit ended up costing $175 total with shipping. I wanted to kick myself, but a deal is a deal. And, I am still pretty happy.

I am learning that there will always be a better deal after you close the current one so....:yes:

DK

You are correct. Ooops. I meant a CT unit. CAM did have a CT 1010 unit for $80. The sales is pending. I am still gunning for a CA-810 unit but it is on my mind so much I typed the wrong initials....too one track. I edited that.

DK

A couple of mine, the Fisher FM-60 is very nice:

DaddyJunk003.jpg

DaddyJunk004.jpg

The Mac MR-71 just came back from Terry DeWick. He did a fabulous job on the alignment and the audio path upgrade:

MacandTeac003.jpg

The Marantz 150 is sounding and looking like new:

MarantzCabinent002.jpg

Carl

Well, this is kind of at the opposite end of the stuff posted so far... a little Heathkit AJ-14.
attachment.php

Three gangs, pulls in quite a few stations very well, but it doesn't get Tierra Del Fuego. FM only, and a very small form factor.

I have the matching amp, the pair are doing duty in the dining room.

Now for the laugh part of this thread. Here is my little Pioneer that I got at the local Value Village for $3.00. Most of my other better tuners are built into my receivers. :D
It actually sounds pretty good, for the amount of FM I listen to anymore.

Attachments

• Cannon 055.jpg
    Cannon 055.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 232
This isn't my tuner, but it's a picture of one like mine... Mine is almost perfect.. A KLH Model 18

When I was a kid, my dad gave me his KLH tuner. I have no idea what ahppened to it, but I remembered it was a great tuner... SO.. I found a member here that had one, and bought it from them... talk about sucking in the far away stations... sounds really great too...

408942142_bd8162b1fb.jpg

I was thinking about getting something with just a little bit more features than the CT 600 that I now have. Then all of the sudden the CT 1010 unit appeared at an incredible price on the Internet. I contacted the sellar. It all happened so fast. I fell in love with the nudie.

DK

Man you are moving right along :thmbsp:

My tuner is in my avatar... just a low end Kenwood... but it sounds pretty good to me on the local NPR station.

Thanks. I have this "new" image in my mind of what I think my idea system is for my home office (batcave). I really like the CA 610 II that I have now but want a little more power without having to give up the variable loudness control so I am trying to track down a CA-810. Then I think I will settle down for a while. The 4301Bs should be arriving any day now.

DK

Thanks. I have this "new" image in my mind of what I think my idea system is for my home office (batcave). I really like the CA 610 II that I have now but want a little more power without having to give up the variable loudness control so I am trying to track down a CA-810. Then I think I will settle down for a while. The 4301Bs should be arriving any day now.

DK

Yeah my Batcave is hopefully undergoing a tranformation here shortly with DIY speakers, Adcom preamp and amp, and Arcam CD player.

If I can afford it all that is...

Terrible, terrible addiction :sigh:

We've seen receivers, speakers, turntables and even ugly grill cloth. Time to show your tuners. :D

Marantz 125
125.jpg

Yamaha CT-810
CT-810.jpg

Pioneer TX-9100
TX-9100.jpg

Sansui TU-555
TU-555.jpg

Sansui TU-S9
TU-S9.jpg

That Sansui is neat. I have a ''old'' silver faced Pioneer AM/FM cassette that mounts under the dash of a car that has a round tuning dial kinda like that.

Well, this is kind of at the opposite end of the stuff posted so far... a little Heathkit AJ-14.
attachment.php

Three gangs, pulls in quite a few stations very well, but it doesn't get Tierra Del Fuego. FM only, and a very small form factor.

I have the matching amp, the pair are doing duty in the dining room.

That's EXACTLY the tuner I had with the Heathkit Compact Stereo you see in my avatar!

i picked this up for $10 a few weeks ago .

Attachments

• panasonic 012.jpg
    panasonic 012.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 279
  • panasonic 028.jpg
    panasonic 028.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 136
This stuff is "all" so beautiful. What does the tuner/receiver do with the little x-y scope do that is off to the side. The yamaha ca 600 has an FM "multipath" horizontal and vertical plugs. Are they related? What is that all about?

DK

Back
Top Bottom