Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

As others have said, so many of the pictured setups are astounding!

I found these older IKEA office filing cabinets a few years ago for $20 each. After removing the hardware and adapting one of the doors for a shelf, these fit the bill for my modest stereo system.
a1.jpg

As an aside, my system is 3/4 in thanks to AK. The Denon DP 300f was purchased after reading johnda's review; the Sony STR 7055 was purchased from Andyman; the EPI 100s from scmikka; and the Dave Brubeck Lp was my last purchase from Toasted Almond. :thumbsup:
(The other components are: Onkyo DX-C390, 6 disc changer; Koss UR20 phones)

Last edited:
604-1-Bang-&-Olufsen-Stereo-Cabinet.jpg

Bang and Olufsen cabinet.

20140410_111728.jpg 20140410_111337.jpg View attachment 714424View attachment 714426
This is solid 1-1/8" birch, cherry finished custom cabinet a friend, who once worked in the industry built for me in 1980's. From cover photo of a stereo mag. He did a lovely job on the finish. was his job in the furniture factory. Hidden Caster's. Weighs a ton. Maybe 200#'s. Can't get to basement music room.

Last edited:
This stand came with a matching set of 24-inch black speaker stands that I decided to sell a few years ago during a purge/get-this-stuff-out-my-house yard sale.

20160405_145747.jpg

Some really nice stuff being displayed. Congrats to many in here. Some really nice setups!

Here's mine, not as spectacular as many of the posts, but it works well for the home, and my wife approves (important !):

Living Room (it's gone through one or two different variations, but mostly stays the same):

IMG_2920_zps43dac1e9.jpg

IMG_2914_zpsdcaeabc4.jpg

IMG_2889_zpsd48baec5.jpg

IMG_2882_crop_zps2652c450.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

Family room:

IMG_2117_zps470e4344.jpg

IMG_2121_zps25d9380d.jpg

IMG_2101_zps8f7fe3ce.jpg

IMG_2120_zpsbd6626aa.jpg

Basement (cave):

Was quite happy with this setup:

IMG_2672_zps7045eccb.jpg

IMG_2664_zps68c31bae.jpg

Then found this:

IMG_3360_zps94db4e63.jpg

IMG_3357_zps90119373.jpg

IMG_3355_zps2ce3c469.jpg

:thmbsp:
To hell with the audio equipment and the furniture. What I've been lusting after for the past three months are... the beautiful hardwood floors! :D

I feel a bit silly posting in this thread, considering all the stunningly gorgeous setups some of you have but, I thought my setup might be interesting enough to show off.

Late 70s hi-fi equipment atop an early 1900s buffet cabinet (US Customs inspection stamp on the back reads "19 March 1928"). My grandmother, from whom I received it, swears it is older than that. It was her parents' wedding gift from her grandparents, and it was a hand-me-down then. No telling how old it really is. Also, I just recently made the vinyl shelves from scratch; pretty proud of that.
zBpz5DX.jpg

I feel a bit silly posting in this thread, considering all the stunningly gorgeous setups some of you have but, I thought my setup might be interesting enough to show off.

Late 70s hi-fi equipment atop an early 1900s buffet cabinet (US Customs inspection stamp on the back reads "19 March 1928"). My grandmother, from whom I received it, swears it is older than that. It was her parents' wedding gift from her grandparents, and it was a hand-me-down then. No telling how old it really is. Also, I just recently made the vinyl shelves from scratch; pretty proud of that.
zBpz5DX.jpg
That setup looks better and better all the time! Love the QOTSA albums on the wall!

That setup looks better and better all the time! Love the QOTSA albums on the wall!

Thank you! It's more or less complete now, I reckon. Unless I come across some kind of unbelievable deal on some period-correct Yamaha speakers.

Queens of the Stone Age is my favorite band, so it just felt right to showcase their studio albums. It's shameful though that some of them sound pretty bad. I don't know if its a reprint issue or if something is up with my equipment, but I cannot get Rated X or Era Vulgaris to sound right. Rated X is just gutless and I can't seem to get the speed right on Era Vulgaris. One track will sound too fast and the next too slow. ...Like Clockwork (45RPM) and Lullabies to Paralyze sound great, though.

zBpz5DX.jpg
I really like the album shelves. I wish I had thought of that before purchasing frames!

Back
Top Bottom