Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

Bozak C-305 M Moorish style equipment cabinet. I have not seen another like it. Maybe one day it'll have a set of Moorish Concert Grands to set beside it.

It's a tank!

photo_zpsydaxdxpl.jpg

You guys have some phenomenal-looking audio cabinets. I especially like the repurposed furniture. Mine's a tangled mess right now because I still have several components to have repaired and some classic Altecs to rebuild. 'Till then I'm using just a gutted TV cabinet. Keep posting your cabinets.

GeeDeeEmm

Is the OP inspired yet? It's only been three years now this thread's been rolling. <G>

Here's my main audio system ...

home-again.jpg

The monster QRX-9001 receiver was the main reason to go with a custom heavy duty cabinet - that and another 600 pounds worth of stuff. The receiver is over 25" wide. On the bright side, that gave me plenty of room for a larger monitor for the HTPC.

Video system is mostly because I can't abide a TV you can't pile stuff on top of - that and I didn't really have the right wall space in my old style cape cod cottage.

samsung-f7100-004.jpg

The cabinet is actually two O'Sullivan racks spliced together with a standard flat screen wall mount installed internally. The screen is face mounted to that. Actually the second set I've done that with - all that was needed was to replace the face frame on the cabinet to fit the new screen for a good light seal and custom look.

You have some great gear and I really like the racks. I also happened to notice the large telescope -- are you a bit of an amateur astronomer? I didn't know VW made telescopes.

Is the OP inspired yet? It's only been three years now this thread's been rolling. <G>

Here's my main audio system ...

home-again.jpg

The monster QRX-9001 receiver was the main reason to go with a custom heavy duty cabinet - that and another 600 pounds worth of stuff. The receiver is over 25" wide. On the bright side, that gave me plenty of room for a larger monitor for the HTPC.

Video system is mostly because I can't abide a TV you can't pile stuff on top of - that and I didn't really have the right wall space in my old style cape cod cottage.

samsung-f7100-004.jpg

The cabinet is actually two O'Sullivan racks spliced together with a standard flat screen wall mount installed internally. The screen is face mounted to that. Actually the second set I've done that with - all that was needed was to replace the face frame on the cabinet to fit the new screen for a good light seal and custom look.

:)

The Dobson is considered the Volkswagen of telescopes, and I just happened to have some old emblems laying about, and it was a slow day, eh. <G>

Nice little unit though. I added a Telrad sight and digital inclination gauge to the tube and a setting circle and adjustable legs on the base, as well as flocked and insulated the tube - it already had heaters, so I'm good to go with winter observations here in the Great White.

ZhumellFirstTest.jpg

Eight inch mirror does an admirable job of pulling the universe just a bit closer ...
Hey, ET, I'm hoOOooommeeee ... say hi to mom for me!! :bye:

Here's a nice touch ... I also added handles for transport and setup, but the golf cart is the sh!t for hauling it around the fields ... I've since modified that so I can clip the base on under the tube ... works nice!

OTA_Golfcart.jpg

Last edited:
Note: advance apologies to those not interested in telescopes...

Hey, that's pretty cool! I'm going to have to steal your golf cart idea.

And your scope is a lot nicer than mine -- I have cheap Celestion Starhopper (photo borrowed, but the scope is identical to mine). I was in grad school at the time, so it was all I could afford.

CelestronStarHopper.jpg

:)

The Dobson is considered the Volkswagen of telescopes, and I just happened to have some old emblems laying about, and it was a slow day, eh. <G>

Nice little unit though. I added a Telrad sight and digital inclination gauge to the tube and a setting circle and adjustable legs on the base, as well as flocked and insulated the tube - it already had heaters, so I'm good to go with winter observations here in the Great White.

ZhumellFirstTest.jpg

Eight inch mirror does an admirable job of pulling the universe just a bit closer ...
Hey, ET, I'm hoOOooommeeee ... say hi to mom for me!! :bye:

Here's a nice touch ... I also added handles for transport and setup, but the golf cart is the sh!t for hauling it around the fields ... I've since modified that so I can clip the base on under the tube ... works nice!

OTA_Golfcart.jpg

Same thing ... only different.

The setting circle and inclination gauge take the work right out of finding a specific object.

CSWindowDone.jpg

WixeyMounted.jpg

Certainly gets you in the ballpark a lot quicker. The Telrad spotter scope is also something you don't really need - until you got one.

Been meaning to put together a webpage on the mods ... I'll send you a link when it's done. In the meantime, we now return control of your television sets ...

Still in the process of moving stuff around so it's definetly not permanent placement. I've been looking for another top shelf or risers to put more airflow in between the tt, sx 850, and the sa 5500. Found the perfect an authentic 60's table to place everything on though.once I get more room I need to isolate the turntable.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 141
It's interesting to see everyone's setup.

I guess I haven't been too creative lately, as I'm just using audio racks, for the most part. But once in a while, I sort of miss the old brick and board setups I had in college.

Back
Top Bottom