Let's talk about LOST

stereocuuple

Two Channel Only
Subscriber
Hey all,

I am sure some of you out there watch "LOST", and as such are probably just as addicted as I am...I thought it would be fun to get some input on what the heck you guys think is going on.

I watch it every time it's on, including reruns on cable, and I literally get annoyed when it's over, I wish the episodes were 2 hours long every week.

Thanks,
Erin
:scratch2:

My wife and I are huge fans. Never miss it.

But the plot started getting confusing last season and this season, boy, it is very confusing.

I know they are in this time warp thing, but I also think this plot line is becoming distracting to the best thing about Lost - the development of each character - you really care about these characters.

We are still watching it, of course, but I hope it starts to be less crazy.

Oh, to answer your question - we learned last week that Jacob told Locke the he should move the island. But the island was moved by Ben. This caused the people on the island to be stuck in a time warp where they jump around in time. To stop the time warp, Locke must find his way off the island and bring back all the survivors that left the island at the end of last season. When they all come back, the time warp will get back into sink.

Or something like that.

Cheers, Snade

Oh yeah , I knew that... do you think Jack will find out that Aaron is his half-nephew?? Or does he already know? I think at this point it's pretty clear Jack's dad is Jacob. I also wonder if Ben will be able to convince Hurley, Said, and Kate to come back to the island. To me, the fact that it's "crazy" is what is the best... Every time one thing is resolved, two more questions pop up to keep you wanting more. It may also be possible that Charlotte is the girl that Faraday put into a coma at Oxford. Also, if he was the one that told her never to come back to the island, and that is the reason she felt she HAD to come back, then didn't he kill her, even if it was indirectly.

Erin

I'm hoping Mr. Echo comes back to life. Maybe when they go back in time, they can save him.

There was a hint of that when Hurley was playing chess against an invisible Mr. Echo.

Maybe the time skipping will stop at a time before he died, thus bringing him back to the show... though I think we all know that dying on LOST doesn't really mean you're dead.... Locke has been dead this whole season, but he's still one of the top characters.

1) I wonder about Faraday working for Widmore. I don't think they're allies, I think Faraday is using him for resources and opportunity.

2) disappointed that Charlotte died.

3) I like the Miles character. he's no saint but he's pretty straightforward, which is a nice change from all the agendas running around.

4) is Ben good or bad? neither? both? I remember a poison gas plot shortly after the freighter three landed (not the Dharma flashback); was Ben trying to gas the island (again)?

5) where's the stupid dog?

IMHO:1. Charlotte isn't the girl in the coma but as she stated grew up on the Island and a few weeks back a young red headed girl was seen to interact with the young Ben
2.Jack does know who Aaron is.
3. Jacob isn't Jacks father but using the convient body/spirit to communicate with the Losties
4. When he told Locke to say hello to my son......maybe not Jack but Widmore.
5. Widmore goes WAY BACK with the Island and maybe the force known as Jacob is his "father"
6. I think Jacob has been in the form of the dog as a convient form to watch the losties.
7. Ellie (the girl with the gun) is Eloise Hawking....Faradays mother.
8. Ben didn't seem to realize Eloise Hawing is Faradays mother.
9. The show is about the concept of time and fate. There are some forces on the island which allowed the manipulation of time and this was done within certain limits and something caused a burp in the flow and basically we see time trying to correct itself . What has happened has already happened....you can't change that....but maybe Desmond...?

Gave up on the show a few seasons ago...when you have to start taking notes on WTF is going on, it ceases to be entertainment.

It seems to be dragging in the direction of complication, for complication's sake. I still watch, but not as attentively as a few seasons ago.

dew.

Maybe the time skipping will stop at a time before he died, thus bringing him back to the show... though I think we all know that dying on LOST doesn't really mean you're dead.... Locke has been dead this whole season, but he's still one of the top characters.

Locke has always been a messiah character.

dew.

Gave up on the show a few seasons ago...when you have to start taking notes on WTF is going on, it ceases to be entertainment.

The bad thing is I have all that in my head. I'm actually quite fascinated with time/fate and the writers seem to share my interest. I hope that they have respect for the viewers and end the program (in 2yrs) in a way we can be satisfied, not like the X Files. Although ,in dealing with time/fate, who has the answers.

I'm still trying to wrap my noodle around Jacob being jacks father.

I am glad that Suns hubby is still alive. I like him.

Oh yeah , I knew that... do you think Jack will find out that Aaron is his half-nephew?? Or does he already know? I think at this point it's pretty clear Jack's dad is Jacob.

Erin

Jack found that out at his dads funneral didn't he.

I'm still trying to wrap my noodle around Jacob being jacks father.

I am glad that Suns hubby is still alive. I like him.

I think Jack father is just how Jacob took form I don't think Jacob has a human form but works through others?

As to Suns hubby hmm I guess that now that he caught up with the others he is back. But it seams like he took a shorter time path?

Good point from Mark about Jin's time path. When we see the survivors on the mainland it's 3 years after their rescue but when we see the losties on the island re-unite with Jin they don't act as though he's been gone very long...maybe a few days.

They seem to be leading us to believe that no one on the island is either alive or dead, but then the purgatory theory was dismissed by the writers a few years ago.

I'm glad to see the smoke monster coming back!

Personally I thought the smoke monster was pretty silly. At least they explained a little of what its doing now.

Good point from Mark about Jin's time path. When we see the survivors on the mainland it's 3 years after their rescue but when we see the losties on the island re-unite with Jin they don't act as though he's been gone very long...maybe a few days.

They seem to be leading us to believe that no one on the island is either alive or dead, but then the purgatory theory was dismissed by the writers a few years ago.

I'm glad to see the smoke monster coming back!

Time on the island progresses at a different sped than the outside world.

Back
Top Bottom