Let's talk about LOST

Its on the web. As for Jacobs "friend" ...no name given but how about Esau who was the bibical Jacobs brother. Probably to simple but when you watch it you will see Ben make a remark about Moses and Jacob and ?/John make a funny look.

You can watch the whole program on the web. Go to the ABC site. It looks like the people on the Ajira plane are Dharma II. The guy that tried to talk Miles out going to the Island was one of the guys there now.
Eloise seems to be some kind of guardian of the time line and someone with those convictions would sacrifice a child for the greater cause.

The rest of the Ajira flight passengers that DIDN'T time travel are more than Dharma II, because they not only knew the answer to the "question", but also what language to answer it in.

And the gal that seems to be leading the "Ajira others", wasn't she the one who captured Sayeed and was hauling him out to Guam as a prisoner???

Eloise was the leader of the others when she shot Daniel, because right after that Widmore seemed to be deferring to her until they were in private. So I guess she was getting notes from Jacob (or was that only Ben who didn't get to meet Jacob face to face?).

Well the writers have until next year to dig themselves out of this hole, but they'd BETTER wrap it up neatly by the end of the series next year.

And this Jacob and "Esau" thing makes the ben/widmore/john locke thing look pretty parochial.

Definitely a love-it-or-hate-it show. Put me in the "hate it" camp. I find it annoyingly disjointed and woefully overplotted yet underwritten.

I was rooting for the hydrogen bomb.

Yes it is.

I'm pretty confused on the whole Jacob thing. Can someone enlighten me?

Jacob has the appearance of a 40ish white man. He's been around for many, many years; if the statue is a clue he dates back to ancient Egypt. he has super 'powers', including near-immortality, but apparently there is one way to kill him. His has been controlling the Island and even influencing some residents (our 'Losties') off-Island. Benjamin claims to have been taking orders from him for years, but has never seen him.
Jacob might be a super-powered human, a mutant, even a supernatural being (angel?).

Yes it is.

I'm pretty confused on the whole Jacob thing. Can someone enlighten me?

My take on the Jacob thing is the old good and evil routine. If you remember back when Jacob and one other were the only two on the Island waiting for a Sailing ship to arrive they seamed to be at odds with each other over how the Island would be run.

I also think this other guy (I assume the bad guy) is who is impersonating Lock.

My take on the Jacob thing is the old good and evil routine. If you remember back when Jacob and one other were the only two on the Island waiting for a Sailing ship to arrive they seamed to be at odds with each other over how the Island would be run.

I also think this other guy (I assume the bad guy) is who is impersonating Lock.

THere has been a lot of symbolism(black/white) leading in that direction. Maybe the two opposing natural forces are free will vs. fate. I see a lot of that posturing in the discussions between Jacob and his buddy. If you examine the Jacob flashback visits you can see that eternal struggle taking shape.:scratch2:

I've watched the first 4 seasons, but only after I can get all the episodes at once. It has definitely held up better than Heroes. Season 1 of Heroes was the best television I have ever seen in my life, bar none. Then it imploded.

Far as the ho's go, Juliet tops my list. Smart, strong, not scared to pull the trigger, and has that middle-aged sexiness that young women are incomplete without. I can't stand Kate at all. She has no brains, and just takes advantage of the fact that men will do anything for a good-looking woman, regardless of if she's worth it or not. I'm still miffed that Hurley's girl got shot. Damn it, fat guys need love too! She had an interesting past that never got developed. As someone said, death is too kind a fate for Michael. I like Desmond, but don't care for Penny. Alex was cool and I'm pissed that she got killed, so if Penny gets whacked in return, I'm fine with that.

(keep in mind I'm Season 5 illiterate, so things I say may be redundant now)

At first I didn't like Sawyer, but he grows on you. He's a much more complex person than the hick he tries to be. Sayid is badass, but he lets people manipulate him too easily. He tries to be a leader but is a follower at heart. John Locke... well, he's John Locke. What else can be said?

Lost is pretty cool. I was addicted until season three I got busy so I did not have the chance to watch it. With how things go in Lost, if you miss one episode, it'll be hard to catch up. :scratch2: I'm thinking of getting the DVD though
spr.gif

Does anyone know who Penny's mother is or if she was born on the island??

We all know her father but not her mother....

So many questions!!!!!!

I'm really waiting for the last season so they can wrap everything up....

OK... so the final season has begun...

... and now I'm more confused. Is everyone back in the same time... and what time is it? Why are there two timelines going?

Only 15 episodes left to wrap all this up. I'm a bit concerned that some of the questions will go un-explained, as one of the writers hinted at in the preshow-show. :no:

Back
Top Bottom