Lexicon RT-20 CD player worth it?

ClpshHrn

I've got my eyes on the cd player mentioned above. It costs $290 but it has a problem where it skills occasionally. My question is if anyone here has experience with this brand since I haven't heard of them. I also am curious if this is a cheap or expensive fix.

Gonna have it running with a Bryston 11b pre into McIntosh 250 and Bryson 4b amps powering a pair of Klipsch Klf 20s in case anyone was curious.

I had one for a few years, got it brand new for less than a fifth of retail during close out. It was a very good sounding unit, both for CD and also it’s video player. I enjoyed it a lot in my A/V system at the time. I ended up selling all my A/V setup including the Lexicon and went back to a strictly two channel system. I kind of wished a few times afterwards that I had kept the Lexicon though.

The unit I believe was based on one of the upper Marantz DVD units, and of course the pricing scandal of the unit and Lexicon made some waves, basically packaging a unit that sold for a lot less, yet in the Lexicon case was considerably higher priced. Whatever, it still was a good unit, thought it to be very flexible, plenty of connection options, sounded very good.

As to the skipping issue, you might find someone willing to check it out possibly, more than likely forget any support from Lexicon on it though. Whether it is worth messing with might depend on what you can find out about getting the unit fixed, I hesitate to make any recommendations there though.

Back
Top Bottom