LFE Volume

Beatnik

What's this ?
When you set up levels do you prefer the lfe to be as loud as the other channels ? When I'm setting volumes it seems the lfe is low, I can hear it rumble, but maybe half the volume as the others.

If your receiver has a built in calibration routine why not use that? If not you could always buy an SLM, get a copy of REW and manually measure levels.

If your receiver has a built in calibration routine why not use that? If not you could always buy an SLM, get a copy of REW and manually measure levels.

I'm using all separate amps and an external card from the computer (mains, center and rear).

Using both the high level and lfe on the sub, so if I adjust the volume at that point it controls both. I've got the level way up on the card and much lower on each of the other outputs 5.1 . Just curious if lfe should technically be the same volume when going through levels by ear ? I don't want the high level input to be to much on music.

card.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using all separate amps and an external card from the computer (mains, center and rear).

Using both the high level and lfe on the sub, so if I adjust the volume at that point it controls both. I've got the level way up on the card and much lower on each of the other outputs 5.1 . Just curious if lfe should technically be the same volume when going through levels by ear ? I don't want the high level input to be to much on music.

View attachment 1213704

Setting the sub level can be challenging. A general rule is to set each speaker's level to 75db using the test tones provided with your equipment. The sub can be set at that same level for a start and then listening to various sources, you'll be able to tailor the level to your personal tastes. Do a search for setting up a sub in an HT system and you'll get more than enough information regarding the topic. There are so many factors regarding sub performance.

Pulled out the meter and Disney WOW disc. Got the sub up to 75/76 and all others at 72ish (disc says the sub should be 3 db louder). Had to use a mixer to add gain to the sub. I'm gonna give it shot, at least I have a reference now, forgot all about having that meter. It's a little iffy on some positions, maybe a deoxit will help.

Thanks !

So far it's very impressive, major difference with the level adjustments. I'll watch a few more movies and see !

Back
Top Bottom