1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Lg Awesomeness

Discussion in 'DACs' started by manu et deo, Jul 17, 2018.

1. manu et deo

manu et deo I'm loving it! Subscriber

Just picked up an LG G7 today, and although I've not hooked it up to my stereo at home yet driving today in my truck I have heard possibly the best sound from Spotify I have yet to experience. It has a 32-bit quad DAC and Aptx HD Bluetooth and just plain sounds awesome.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Audiofreak71

Audiofreak71 Boerboelicious Subscriber

I’ve heard great things about the Dac in the g7, a friend of mine just got the v30 I hear it has a great Dac also , curious to know what you think of it hooked up to your system.

Audiofreak71

3. manu et deo

manu et deo I'm loving it! Subscriber

Spent some time with this phone and my headphones and main system, it just plain rocks!
    I have just the Spotify app thur the Xbox in my HT and from PC to the dac in my Halo p5 and I think this is the best Spotify has sounded IMO.

4. RamblinE

RamblinE (╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻

I have the V20. The way this performs with my higher impedance AKG headphones is unreal for a cellphone. I love listening to Tidal and Spotify with this thing.

I wish LG was better with software updates. This phone is still on 7.0. The 8.0 update is supposed to remedy an issue where the DAC automatically up-samples everything .

5. gvl

gvl Super Member

Apparently 2 DACs out of 4 are disabled by default in settings on this phone. Make sure to enable all 4 for the best SQ.

6. bigx5murf

bigx5murf Super Member

The DAC and headphone amp are the reason I've owned the LG v10, v20, and now v30. It's been good enough that I overlooked the myriad of issues the v10 and v20 had. So far the v30 has been great, but I've only had it for 6 months.

My v10 suffered from really short battery life, and bootloop issues. Had it replaced under warranty twice in 1.5 years. My v20 had really short battery life, and screen burn in, replaced under warranty once in 1.5 years. My wife's g5 had battery expansion, thing expanded like a balloon.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. RamblinE

RamblinE (╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻

I have a 6600mAh extended battery. Things a beast and it extends tee usability well into the next day on a charge and maybe beyond. The stock battery on the V20 tho is trash.