Library of Congress Update

Thanks Brad, that's very interesting reading. I suppose for a vinyl only person, the ammonia liquor could be dropped from the mix? Sounds like a very simple approach. Makes me wonder how close the formula is to the VPI concentrate which comes without any alcohol content.

cheers
Jack

That's the way I read it, concerning the liquor. There does seem to be a trend to get away from alcohol. I think Disc Doctor has no alcohol, too. Congress used to recomend alcohol in thier mix ages ago. That's what my current cleaner is based on. Disc Doctor (?) has no alcohol and they claim it will do as good on 78s as well as vinyl. Sure would make things easier around here if it worked. Brad

Thanks Tonto, I didn't realize it was used in the Textile industry. Textiles are big around here, I'll see if I can't scare up a small amount to play with. As far as the cosmopolitan goes-:dunno: :D
Brad

Steamshooter,
My grasp of the metric system (other than a 2 liter jug o' pop) is rather poor, so I used a website to translate the 20 milliliters of the cleaning recipe to Good Ol' Boy terms: 20 ml equals .04 pints, so the pint of Triton would last QUITE a while.

TY
BTW, I double-checked Audio Asylum (where I heard about the free sample). That particular inmate CALLED Dow/Union Carbide about Triton and received a free pint for his trouble.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I went and looked at a measuring cup for the 20ml mark. It ain't much. Otherwise known as a "dab". It might be worth a phone call about that stuff. Thanks, Brad

Back
Top Bottom